7.1 Change/experiment with Site Header on a test page without affecting site-wide header code

Site URL: https://www.saintsaviour.org

Hi all,

I would like to test possible redesigns of my site header - changing the logo, creating a secondary nav bar, playing around with adding an image background, trying out code I've picked up from seeing how others have designed their site headers.  

When I've tried to play around/experiment with the site header on a hidden page or a copied page, the site-wide header changes, too.  I get why that is, the site header is global.

Still, Is there a way  to experiment (perhaps over several weeks) with/change my main site header  without having those changes go  into effect until I'm satisfied with them?   

Apologies if this has been asked and answered.   

Pers

• Replies 2
  • Views 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Perses said:

Site URL: https://www.saintsaviour.org

Hi all,

I would like to test possible redesigns of my site header - changing the logo, creating a secondary nav bar, playing around with adding an image background, trying out code I've picked up from seeing how others have designed their site headers.  

When I've tried to play around/experiment with the site header on a hidden page or a copied page, the site-wide header changes, too.  I get why that is, the site header is global.

Still, Is there a way  to experiment (perhaps over several weeks) with/change my main site header  without having those changes go  into effect until I'm satisfied with them?   

Apologies if this has been asked and answered.   

Pers

You can add code injection to that page only

Using Code Injection – Squarespace Help

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

You could duplicate your site and work on the copy. The duplicate would be free and available for a couple of weeks before being deleted.

Once you get your redesigned header finished you would have to replicate the changes made back to the original site by hand. There is no copying of elements between sites. When I say no copy I mean you can't tell SS to move a header from one site to another. You can of course copy by hand any text/code you create.

The nice thing about the site dupe is that it is totally isolated. No chance to mess up your original site.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Archived