Social Sharing in 7.1 of Gallery Photos

Site URL: https://www.rethinkhomes.com/portfolio

I just finished a new site for our business Rethink Homes and had assumed it would be easy to share individual images in our portfolio of work. But it appears like there is no way to share the images in a gallery block with or not they are opened in a Lightbox. 

I have subscribed to Elfsight and injected code for Social Sharing but it only appears at the bottom of the entire page. So a person could share www.rethinkhomes.com/portfolio but not a specific image like: 

<https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/6026a3fc2232f5399225114b/1613439779442-BBOBOXX5DW265FVKXSYL/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kKbYNcVTaeH8P2sqBdlIHHt7gQa3H78H3Y0txjaiv_0fDoOvxcdMmMKkDsyUqMSsMWxHk725yiiHCCLfrh8O1z4YTzHvnKhyp6Da-NYroOW3ZGjoBKy3azqku80C789l0o8OMvY5tuV_wqZQCqqStn7AuPlkxdOrsfwm3VrSLMG3wZJlLN9KeMlrzfnIgCHX4g/Kitchen+2.jpg?format=750w>

Kitchen+2.jpg?format=750w

Also when I use the "image url" in a facebook post it shows the address as images.squarespace-cdn.com not rethinkhomes.com/whatever-name-i-give-the-image address.

image.png.6de651d02ba13271b77dfb7fe9f1a6d3.png

• Replies 2
  • Views 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @JonathanPenner

Our apologies for such a late response!

Unfortunately, the widget can only help you to share the entire page www.rethinkhomes.com/portfolio but not a specific image. 
As for the second question, it often happens on FB, that the address is not the same as you insert on the post. Here you can try two things:
- Insert the link you need to see as a post preview after all other links you pasted into the post. 
- Add images from your own device, not stored at Squarespace.
Hope it helpes!
Please accept our apologies for our limited functionality of the widget, we'll definetely do something for your use-case in the future.

Best regards, 
Elfsight Team

Archived