How To Restrict PO Boxes as Addresses

On our online store we will only be using UPS to ship, curious to know if there is a way to restrict PO Boxes as Addresses through a setting in Squarespace or is it possible to use code somehow. Maybe setup a condition - "Does Not Equal" and value would be po box,p.o. box,p.o box,po. box,pobox,p.o.box,p.obox,po.box, post office box.

Another scenario I've been researching is to maybe connect shopify on the back end and use one of their apps like in this article here

any information would be appreciated

Thanks!

M

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, MPX said:

curious to know if there is a way to restrict PO Boxes as Addresses

This is not possible on the Squarespace platform. There is no such feature, and code cannot be added to change the checkout page (due to the security requirements for payments).

As a workaround, you could consider adding a Custom Checkout Form that explains that packages are shipped by UPS and mailboxes are not supported. You could use a required checkbox asking customers to confirm they have not added a PO Box.

You can contact Squarespace Customer Care to request a feature, but to set your expectations, it usually takes years for these to be delivered. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived