Coding for Nav/Logo & Font

• Replies 6
  • Views 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw it display quite well here

image.png.31c0c00bdec04e6cf1f12797d0fff526.png

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

I can confirm there does seem to be spacing issues.

1724935831_ScreenShot2021-02-25at7_10_22PM.png.51691782aa71fee97e112750ecce3c5b.png

I was about to supply a potential solution but @bangank36's post makes me hesitant. If different folks are seeing substantially different renderings then I think we should try to trace that down before providing solutions as what works for one may not work for all.

I'm using Chrome on macOS. I used the mobile view feature in DevTools to view. bangank36 what about you?

And ec2018 what browser/OS combo are you using?

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

It's Edge / Windows

Just now, creedon said:

I can confirm there does seem to be spacing issues.

1724935831_ScreenShot2021-02-25at7_10_22PM.png.51691782aa71fee97e112750ecce3c5b.png

I was about to supply a potential solution but @bangank36's post makes me hesitant. If different folks are seeing substantially different renderings then I think we should try to trace that down before providing solutions as what works for one may not work for all.

I'm using Chrome on macOs. I used the mobile view feature in DevTools to view. bangank36 what about you?

And ec2018 what browser/OS combo are you using?

Mine Edge/Windows.

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

I think I have found part of the problem.

688147061_ScreenShot2021-02-25at7_49_15PM.png.ad22f9caf2a307b1060f582873c6f3f7.png

I suspect these markdown-block CSS rule-sets are in Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > HEADER. These should be appended to Design > Custom CSS.

On Chrome/macOS this errant code is causing some extra weird space at the top of the page. After this is fixed I recommend pulling out any previous attempts at code to correct the problem because they are based on this weird circumstance and could now be causing their own set of problems.

Now with a fresh start if there is too much space, let us know and we can take a crack at reducing space.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Interesting I could occasionally see this markdown CSS briefly flashing at the upper left corner of the viewport. Never a good sign. But because it was going by so fast I had a hard time identifying who the culprit was.

So folks if you see strange text flashing across your screen when you first load your page you probably have some code in the wrong place.

Archived