Squarespace Portal Extension

Hi all. I am looking to create a portal on my website for employees and prospective employees to login to. I would like it to be similar to what photographers use when sharing photos- I create the username and password for each employee, not the other way around. The portal will link to a custom page for each employee, with training videos and or pricing information. Is this even possible on Squarespace? 

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The closet thing that Squarespace has, built in, to do this is to create a page for each person and give that page its own unique password, no user name just password, one password per page,  which you would provide to the person using it to access that page. 

Square space has member areas too, up to thiry.  Members areas are more for e-commerce, selling online classes, subscriptions, recipes, things of that sort. There is a monthly charge from Squarespace for that service. 

1 hour ago, derricksrandomviews said:

The closet thing that Squarespace has, built in, to do this is to create a page for each person and give that page its own unique password, no user name just password, one password per page,  which you would provide to the person using it to access that page. 

Square space has member areas too, up to thiry.  Members areas are more for e-commerce, selling online classes, subscriptions, recipes, things of that sort. There is a monthly charge from Squarespace for that service. 

How do you go about setting the first part up? 

Just create pages in the unlinked section of your site by choosing the + icon. You can also choose a layout if you wish.   In the config panel, the gear icon,  for each page, just set a password. Remember these are pages not sections. 

You can rename the page slug for the person the page is for and then it would be something like this "mydomain.com/marksmith" You send that person the address and the password. When they use that address it will go right to the password prompt. These pages will not show up on the nav bar because they are in the unlinked section of your site. 

• 1 month later...

Archived