Need Help with Product ID for Pinterest Tag

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

@muovata

I'm not sure exactly what Pinterest wants. If they specifically mention product id, then they may mean the internal id that SS uses to track a product. Otherwise they may want the SKU which can be grabbed from the SS product editing interface.

If it is the product id you need check out Heather Tovey's most excellent looking Squarespace ID Finder. If you use the bookmarklet on the product detail page you will see something like the following.

1696522872_ScreenShot2021-06-30at6_25_25PM.png.8c4f0623900495dbc3d5a56cd7cca8ee.png

The number after the #item- is what you are looking for.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Please post the URL for a product on your site.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password is not a security breach. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Folks please specify exactly what issue you are having. There seem to be two issues in the thread. The original posters question which was what are my products ids? The second has something to do with pinterest meta data formatting of some kind.

For the OP's question one way to find the product id is mentioned my June 30, 2021 post earlier in this thread. There is a second way to do it and that is to export your inventory into a CSV and view it with a spreadsheet application. The export function in on the inventory page in the commerce area of your site.

I have no clue about pinterest meta data formatting.

My understanding is that the reason we are getting errors with our Pinterest tag for product ID's is because the code that Squarespace has for Pinterest tag installation doesn't allow Pinterest to pull information for the product ID's. I contacted Squarespace and they said that they couldn't help but that they will put in a request for this to be addressed. Anyways I will look back at the June 30th thread and see if that helps. Pinterest also told me to try using Google Tag Manager instead. Any insight into what we could use for the Product ID's so that the Pinterest tag can dynamically pull the information would be helpful. 

• 5 months later...

Site URL: https://www.cardgraphica.com

Hi one and all

I'm new to the forum and SS. Love the platform. I'm a qualified Web Developer by trade having focused upon JAMStack technologies previously, but SS is so amazingly simple and a pure joy. I decided to use it to set up my digital art company, CardGraphicA.

My post isn't about me or my art, rather I'm interested to see if there are users in need of help when it comes to Pinterest tagging for the Verified Merchant Program? It seems to be a problem for a lot of people? Am I wrong? I've managed to code them using Javascript on my SS7.1 site meeting the required standards for Pinterest. I just have to wait a month or so for my domain age to pass the 3 months, but the tags work perfectly.

I'd be interested to hear any views as I'd like to hopefully offer some help.

Kindest regards,

Wayne

• 1 month later...

Hi there! I know your post is about a month old now, but I'm hoping you're still available to assist. Given that Pinterest doesn't offer realtime generated code based on user parameters like it seems they once did, and I couldn't figure out Google Tag Manager for the life of me, I ended up taking the sample code they provide in their documentation and editing it to work for my site. This actually worked for a week with Pinterest saying the tag was healthy and that the events were firing properly. Then yesterday it went back to saying the tag is unhealthy with issues on Page Visit (product IDs), Add To Cart (product IDs), and Checkout (product IDs, Value, and Currency).

I'm a novice at best when it comes to JavaScript, so I'm sure I did something wrong. For example, I just listed all of the product IDs in an array for each event, which I'm sure is wrong. I also put things like {orderGrandTotal} for value and left order_quantity at 1. Long story short, I don't know what Pinterest wants exactly, and I don't know how to do it. All I would really need is a code sample or something to follow with the proper syntax where I can pop in the pertinent information. I also don't know if I'm supposed to do anything special for the img section of each event, since it also includes things like value and order quantity. The last issue is Pinterest is telling me they need a user email for each event and the base code. All I have right now is something that says { em: '{customerEmailAddress}', } in the base code. Not sure if this is even right.

Anyway, I know it's a lot to ask, but any help you can provide would be much appreciated. I'm at the point where I'm either going to give up or wait until someone writes a comprehensive article about how to do this. Thanks!

I know it's been a while since anyone posted in this thread, but I wanted to add myself to the long list of people encountering issues with Pinterest's tag events not firing properly. There's a lot of useful information here: https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/add-event-codes, which I used with a bit of my own code edits. It actually worked with my tag showing as healthy and all events firing properly for about a week. Then it all stopped working yesterday. If anyone has this figured out or knows of another place to look for information, it would be much appreciated.

Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 3.26.27 PM.png

Site URL: https://www.foxface.shop

A lot of people have posted about various issues implementing Pinterest's event tags, so I'm sorry to pile on. But all of the other threads about this haven't been active in a while, so I don't know if those people gave up or figured it out, and didn't share their solutions.

Using the Code Injection panel, I put in my base code, and it works. I also have some basic code that Pinterest offers for event tags: Page Visit and Add To Cart in the Header section, and Checkout in the Order Confirmation Page section. As of right now I don't have any of my product_ids, quantities, values, etc. in there.

Over the past 3 weeks I've read every bit of documentation, read multiple forum threads (Squarespace and Pinterest Business Community), and been back and forth with multiple support people from Squarespace and Pinterest. I tried a lot of different "solutions", and none of them really worked. I won't get into the specifics though, or this will be a really long post.

So, all I need to know is, whether anyone has figured out how to properly implement Pinterest event tags for Page Visit, Add To Cart, and Checkout on Squarespace 7.1.

This would include

How do you list out all of your product ids (with all variants, I have over 2000)?

How do you pass back dynamic values for value and quantity?

Where does the code go, and is there a way to access those areas on 7.1?

The exact JavaScript syntax for all code.

And I think that's it. If anyone can provide this information I – and many many other people – will be very grateful. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 2.24.21 PM.png

Edited by foxfacedesign
  • foxfacedesign changed the title to Is Pinterest event tag implementation even possible with 7.1?
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 10:27 PM, foxfacedesign said:

Site URL: https://www.foxface.shop

A lot of people have posted about various issues implementing Pinterest's event tags, so I'm sorry to pile on. But all of the other threads about this haven't been active in a while, so I don't know if those people gave up or figured it out, and didn't share their solutions.

Using the Code Injection panel, I put in my base code, and it works. I also have some basic code that Pinterest offers for event tags: Page Visit and Add To Cart in the Header section, and Checkout in the Order Confirmation Page section. As of right now I don't have any of my product_ids, quantities, values, etc. in there.

Over the past 3 weeks I've read every bit of documentation, read multiple forum threads (Squarespace and Pinterest Business Community), and been back and forth with multiple support people from Squarespace and Pinterest. I tried a lot of different "solutions", and none of them really worked. I won't get into the specifics though, or this will be a really long post.

So, all I need to know is, whether anyone has figured out how to properly implement Pinterest event tags for Page Visit, Add To Cart, and Checkout on Squarespace 7.1.

This would include

How do you list out all of your product ids (with all variants, I have over 2000)?

How do you pass back dynamic values for value and quantity?

Where does the code go, and is there a way to access those areas on 7.1?

The exact JavaScript syntax for all code.

And I think that's it. If anyone can provide this information I – and many many other people – will be very grateful. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 2.24.21 PM.png

Hi, I have the exact same problem and Pinterest Tag health - have you found a solution? I may look into using Google-Tag-Manager (GTM) and adding a data layer - but i am not a tech expert and feel out of my depth!