Having serious problem with fraudulent payments - How to add Captcha to checkout?

Site URL: https://www.loesencial.mx

Hello fellow Circlers, this is my first time posting here, so hi! 👋🏼

I manage an e-commerce website (loesencial.mx), and lately (last 6 months or so) we've been having serious trouble with fraudulent payments and card testing from people trying stolen credit card info. We've been trying lots of stuff with Stripe tools to prevent this, but we're still having trouble and losses with disputed payments.

One of the tips the Stripe Support Team provided us is to add friction on the checkout process to avoid automated payment attempts, (we're currently having IP addresses attempting over 100 cards in less than half an hour), and our best option for that is to add a captcha before, or during checkout.

I'm aware that Squarespace by design has an enclosed checkout environment, so I wanted to ask if anyone here has had similar issues, and if you were able to solve it, or if anyone has successfully added a Captcha on the shopping cart page.

I don't have much experience in coding but I understand some of the basic stuff, so I'd appreciate any help on this topic. 

Thanks in advance from the whole team at our little leather goods brand 🙂

• Replies 4
  • Views 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi. Sorry for the delay. I have no idea to this.

However, this morning I discovered one member shared this. How do you think?

Insert a checkbox option above the Checkout Button. Customers need to select the checkbox so that the checkout button can be clicked, otherwise the checkout button will be disabled.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 year later...