Changing meta-title and meta-descriptions of Store categories

Site URL: https://www.caminodelvino.co.uk/wine

Hi Squarespace forum!

Is it possible to change the meta-title and meta-description for categories for a store? Haven't been able to work around this currently and it's a bit annoying that the various categories that my store has takes the meta-title and meta-description from the main store page 'Wine' (https://www.caminodelvino.co.uk/wine).

Thank you ❤️🍷

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are on SS 7.1 one way to achieve what you want is to go into BLOG  settings and then set the tag and category pages to NOT appear in the search engines. You can then tag or put your blog posts into categories knowing they won't be indexed - I haven't tested this but pretty sure that you should still be able to set categories and tags even if you have them set in settings to hide from the search engines.

Now, create a new page and use a LIST content block element and then filter the display for Blog and the category or tag that you want.

You will now have the ability to style an opener and closer to the page around the blog content so meta-description title and all the other elements.

G

We provide digital marketing services for businesses that need exposure/sales from search and social media networks. We also build incredibly fast and well optimised multi-language Square Space websites.
Digital Marketing | Marketing Digitale

6 minutes ago, GlynMusica said:

If you are on SS 7.1 one way to achieve what you want is to go into BLOG  settings and then set the tag and category pages to NOT appear in the search engines. You can then tag or put your blog posts into categories knowing they won't be indexed - I haven't tested this but pretty sure that you should still be able to set categories and tags even if you have them set in settings to hide from the search engines.

Now, create a new page and use a LIST content block element and then filter the display for Blog and the category or tag that you want.

You will now have the ability to style an opener and closer to the page around the blog content so meta-description title and all the other elements.

G

Thank you for explaining the dynamics of this for a blog. Can this be done for an e-commerce 'Store' category? ie. changing meta-title and meta-description for the 'Red Wine' category I use

Ooops, missed that it was for commerce sorry! I'd say the likelyhood of being able to achieve that in commerce is remote at best. But maybe someone else with commerce experience will chime in.

We provide digital marketing services for businesses that need exposure/sales from search and social media networks. We also build incredibly fast and well optimised multi-language Square Space websites.
Digital Marketing | Marketing Digitale

Archived