How to make a latest content page

Hi all. I'm new to squarespace and overall it is quite easy to use. My question is this. How do I make a latest page that features any content that was added to other blog pages. I have pages for video, diy and tips for instance and I would like anything new to show up on the home screen every time it is posted.

Surely there must be a way to do this.

• Replies 1
  • Views 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, MomoSiam said:

How do I make a latest page that features any content that was added to other blog pages? I have pages for video, diy and tips.

It's possible to do this if you add all your posts to a single Blog Collection and categorise them (video, diy and tips) instead of creating separate blogs for them. You can still have separate virtual pages for these by using a category filter instead of a separate blog page/collection for each one. This guide explains how to create a nav link for a filtered blog.

Once all your posts are in the same blog collection/page, you can create your 'latest' summary of posts by adding a Summary Block to your homepage.

You choose how many items you want the Summary Block to display. It will automatically show the most recent ones, or you can use the 'featured' option to show only the posts that you want to feature.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived