Our subscription lapsed and is now suspended. Need Help to reactivate

Site URL: https://www.csitrustcompany.org/

Hello, our G Suite Basic subscription lapsed and has been suspended.  We would like to reactivate.  Have already reached out to customer support here:

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/219648707-How-do-I-contact-Squarespace-Customer-Support-

Live chat just provided us a document...and I can tell you that its very confusing...It would be much easier with a button linked to "pay this much" and then complete the transaction.

Do we really have to cancel this and subscribe to that to reclaim an active status from a suspension?

Next steps

Note: After cancelling your subscription in Squarespace, we can no longer help with Google Workspace. Consult Google's documentation for any of the following actions.

To take next steps, log into your Google Workspace Admin Console:
https://admin.google.com/a/yourdomain.tld (replacing yourdomain.tld with your domain).

Depending on what you want to do, you can:

• Set up billing with Google to ensure uninterrupted service
  • Upgrade to another Google Workspace plan
  • Completely cancel your account

FAQ

Will cancelling my Squarespace site cancel my Google Workspace subscription?

No. Billing for Google Workspace is handled separately. If you cancel your site, we’ll continue to renew your Google Workspace subscription using the credit card on file.

Will cancelling my Google Workspace in Squarespace delete emails, contacts, or other content from my inbox?

No. Cancelling your Google Workspace in Squarespace transfers the billing aspects of the account to Google, but it doesn’t affect the content in your inbox. All emails, contacts, and other content remains intact after cancelling Google Workspace in Squarespace.

I see a "Failed to Cancel Google Workspace" message.

You'll see this message in your Billing panel if you don't have any Administrators in your Google Workspace account. To resolve this, set one or more of your Google Workspace users as an Administrator.

1. In the Home Menu, click Settings, and then click Email & Google Workspace.
  2. Click a user.
  3. Check the Administrator option to give this user full administrative access on the Google Workspace account.
  4. Click Save.

You should now be able to cancel your Google Workspace account from the Billing panel.

Note that Google Workspace user levels are separate from Squarespace permission levels. A Squarespace user with Owner or Administrator permissions won't automatically have Google Workspace Administrator privileges.

How do I cancel an existing Google Workspace account so I can sign up in Squarespace?

During signup, if you see the error message Failed to register for Google Workspace - A Google Workspace account already exists on this domain, visit Troubleshooting Google Workspace to learn more.

You won’t be able to cancel the existing account following the steps here, as the existing Google Workspace account may be hosted with Google Workspace directly or another reseller.

• Replies 10
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you try this?

Reactivate a suspended account

If your Google Workspace is suspended, you'll lose access to your email inboxes and other Google Workspace features. You’ll then have 40 days to reactivate your Google Workspace account before it’s completely cancelled in Squarespace and transferred to Google.

1. Ensure your billing credit card is up to date.
  2. In the Home Menu, click Settings, then click Email & Google Workspace.
  3. Click Reactivate Google Workspace.
  4. Verify the payment information and terms, then click Reactivate Google Workspace.

If transferred to google (over 40 days) then try this:

How to reactivate a suspended Google Workspace subscription

Use the following instructions to unsuspend your Google Workspace subscription through Google Domains:

1. Sign in to Google Domains.
  2. Select the name of your domain.
  3. Click Menu Menu and then Email.
  4. Click Go to Google Workspace settings or Manage Google Workspace subscription and then Reactivate.
  5. Pay the outstanding balance as prompted.
Edited by derricksrandomviews

derricksrandomviews

thank you for replying. to note, I've already gone through that piece of information that you've posted.

The problem we had was that there were multiple user accounts initially setup and the one that actually controlled the domain and billing wasn't the one used.  We've reached out to our IT person and he pointed out that maybe there was another account created (he didn't setup this service for us, someone else did).  That was the solution.

Anyway, from this experience, we've spent hours going through the documentation, and through live chat...it would've been nice to have a live person to talk to even though it was our mistake.

• 3 months later...

This is not working for me.  When I sign in and click on G Suite Basic, it states "Contact your reseller, Squarespace, to know your charges, modify existing subscriptions or purchase additional services for your organization." I have tried multiple times through email with SquareSpace to show them the steps they are giving me are not working, even attaching a word document with the screen shots of errors. Instead of reading the document, they send me emails to reset my password? Multiple times.  I can log in.  I cannot get my subscription reactivated due to a card that no longer is valid on my renewal account AND the steps they state I need to take do not work. Five days out - no business emails, which are critical for any business.  

Edited by Charmed1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

As of today 12/10/2021, I too am finding myself in the same situation. I have contacted squarespace twice and received the same information. This specific email domain is linked to 3 very important business accounts and I am being bombarded by clients because emails are being bounced. Has anyone found a solution to this or did I just loose all of my content from my previous G Suite account?....

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

1. I have an active Google Workspace account and if I am following these instructions, so I can get the billing of the account transferred from Squarespace to Google. 

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206542007#toc-transfer-your-account-to-google

Can I just: 

2) Click the [Cancel Subscription] in Settings > Subscriptions > Google Workspace Billing

3) Login to admin.google.com and enter my credit card information.

4) Does anyone know how long it takes for the release / transfer? 

I have been a Google Workspace Partner for a very long time but for some reason this process makes me nervous. 

Martin 

Edited by OgawaDesignAgency
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2022 at 1:13 PM, OgawaDesignAgency said:

Hi All,

1. I have an active Google Workspace account and if I am following these instructions, so I can get the billing of the account transferred from Squarespace to Google. 

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206542007#toc-transfer-your-account-to-google

Can I just: 

2) Click the [Cancel Subscription] in Settings > Subscriptions > Google Workspace Billing

3) Login to admin.google.com and enter my credit card information.

4) Does anyone know how long it takes for the release / transfer? 

I have been a Google Workspace Partner for a very long time but for some reason this process makes me nervous. 

Martin 

Okay, 

Now that the process is completed I will say that the I logged into the the client's Google Workspace Account. After 24 hours, Google Workspace had me re-add the MX Records to activate the account. That said, the billing plan was changed to Flexible Monthly which is much better for the client. 

Martin

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, shivi said:

I have tried using many VISA cards and also with international use. It is not taking any. Can you please resolved the issue? 

Please contact Squarespace Customer Care directly. Forum users would love to help but we are just customers like you. We are unable to assist with technical issues.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 months later...

Have the exact same issue as our friend above: 

Looks like Squarespace's Google workspace reactivation url below or "Confirm Payment" button does not do anything (see screenshot above).
[domain].squarespace.com/config/settings/gsuite-reactivation

After countless back and forth with Squarespace support (no livechat available):
- SS does not have any records of any failed payment attempts though we've pressed "Confirm Payment" more than 20 times and with more than 5 different working bank cards.
- Our banks, on getting them on the phone (called two different banks who confirm the cards work/valid), also confirm no indication of any failed payment attempts.

Its been a week without business email and gotten no where with SS. Is our only choice to cancel google workspace in the SS dashboard (and end the SS reseller relationship?). 

Edited by SScoldbrew