How can I disable cart/stop orders for a couple of weeks?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• Solution
On 2/22/2021 at 11:19 AM, beckypearcedesigns said:

I'm trying to figure out how to stop people placing orders for a couple of weeks so I can catch up and maybe have a day off!

I recommend that you add an announcement bar to explain the temporary closure to potential customers first. It is also a good idea to export your products to a CSV file and set the inventory levels to zero. This will prevent anyone adding items to the cart.

An alternative measure is to hide all the 'Add to Cart' buttons so that products cannot be added to the cart, but if anyone has already added an item to the cart, it will remain there and can be checked out at any time - unless you zero the stock level.

To hide the Add to Cart buttons on Your Squarespace 7.0 site, navigate to one of your products and then open Site Styles.

Scroll down to the PRODUCTS: ADD TO CART BUTTON section and then uncheck Show Button 

show-add-to-cart-button-site-styles-brine.png.cf3c77d22507078d782c294826ff999f.png

Note that this option isn’t available on Squarespace 7.1 so anyone else reading this will need to use Custom CSS to hide the buttons.

I hope this helps.

-Paul

Edited by paul2009
Edited for clarity

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...
On 5/13/2022 at 10:48 AM, NMD75 said:

Hi 

It looks like the PRODUCTS under Site Styles is no longer there... do you have any idea if there is still a way to hide the button??

If you share link to a product, we can give the code to hide add to cart button

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Carlena said:

but now can't find the PRODUCTS in the site syles as detailed in your instructions.

You are on v7.1. As @paul2009 mentions in his updated post you need to use CSS to hide as v7.1 doesn't have settings for this effect in Styles.

Add the following to Store Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for the store page. Please see per-page code injection.

<style>

.ProductItem-details .sqs-add-to-cart-button-wrapper {

display : none;

}

</style>

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 7 months later...
8 hours ago, Thorody said:

I tried adding the Header Code Injection as described above and it didn't work.

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

We can then take a look at your issue.

You may find How to post a forum question post useful.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 3/4/2023 at 5:42 PM, creedon said:

Yes.

Thank you for the response, but we've decided to go a different route and say "SOLD OUT" .  But what I'd like to really do is change "SOLD OUT" to "Not in Season".  Is that possible?

• 10 months later...

Hi @creedon thanks! It worked, but there are several products sold out and some not. If I manage to hide the price label, buyers have no idea about what's sold out and what isn't. Although this is permanent (that action is completely finished) we'd still like to give this info to buyers but also to the artists that contributed...

Is there a way to apply this to a product instead of to a whole page?

Thanks a lot!!

Thanks, but I really have no idea where to add the second part of the process...? Where do I add 'hide atc' or mark or price, to each product?

• Add code from file store product detail elements tagged hide.html to Store Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for the store page.

• Add "hide atc", "hide mark", "hide price", and/or "hide quantity" tags, without the quotes, to each product where you want to hide the Add To Cart button, mark, price and/or quantity elements.

Hi @creedon, thanks this works, but only on the main page! If you click on the product, there is still a purchase button where you can order the product. How do I remove the purchase button (it can be deleted for all the items by the way because if an item is sold out it doesn't make sense either)?

On 1/15/2024 at 4:29 AM, ansbrys said:

How do I remove the purchase button (it can be deleted for all the items by the way because if an item is sold out it doesn't make sense either)?

If you want to hide all the add to cart buttons on product details pages see the first bit of code in the following.