Website Categories

Site URL: https://www.dellosboutique.co.uk/

Hi everyone,

I am looking to make some changes to my website but I don't know if this is something which Squarespace offers. I am looking to see if anyone else has had this problem in the past and if they were able to get around it.

My website has different categories for the stock I sell. I want to know if it is possible to have the same product sitting in different categories without it duplicating the stock e.g. I want to have a Blondie Tee in the 'New In' category but also have it sitting within the 'Tops' category. The only way I can see around this is by setting up another product but then that duplicates the stock and can be difficult to manage if a product sells. 

Thank you 

Dellos Boutique

• Replies 4
  • Views 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Dellos said:

I want to know if it is possible to have the same product sitting in different categories without it duplicating the stock e.g. I want to have a Blondie Tee in the 'New In' category but also have it sitting within the 'Tops' category.

Yes.  You can add products to more than one category. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

2 hours ago, Dellos said:

Can you advise me how I do this then?

It will depend on whether you are using the old or new "Product Composer". In either case, click Edit Product and then click add beside Categories. Here are some screenshots:

Original Product Composer (2020):
add-cats-to-product-2020-UI.thumb.png.6807b8c25ba1c3db7f73b7154a6de8ef.png

New Product Composer (Q1 2021):

add-cats-to-product-2021Q1-UI.thumb.png.a19bbcac000b3738efe3e33fb036a247.png

When you click on categories using the new Product Composer, you'll see a popup where you can select or add multiple categories:

two-cats-added-to-product-2021Q1-UI.png.3bd38c28d9793e592fe268be08bd108b.png

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived