Opening Chrome's Developer Tools Issue

Does anyone know why this happens every time I open Chrome's Developer tools while my website is in development mode? It never use to happen before but has been happening for awhile now.

screenshot.thumb.png.4ae2ae48eaa3d745f3475b61751adb23.png

• 5 months later...

Hi, wondering if anyone has figured out a fix to this? The same issue started happening for me when I started a new site on 7.1 for my client. Never had any issues on the 7.0 sites. Browser is up to date, cache is cleared, computer/browser has restarted, and still having the same issue as the OP. Thanks in advance for any insight on this!

@GretchenElizabeth

What happens if you reload the page while the console is open. On macOS I do a Command-r. Does the page load up as expected?

The right pane of the SS editor occasionally goes blank for me. I think it happens more often when the window width is fairly narrow. I usually keep my browser window pretty wide to be able to access all of SS forum formatting icons. 1600 pixels or so wide.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

22 minutes ago, creedon said:

@GretchenElizabeth

What happens if you reload the page while the console is open. On macOS I do a Command-r. Does the page load up as expected?

The right pane of the SS editor occasionally goes blank for me. I think it happens more often when the window width is fairly narrow. I usually keep my browser window pretty wide to be able to access all of SS forum formatting icons. 1600 pixels or so wide.

OMG, that worked beautifully! Thank you so much! I appreciate you!