Help with setting up a multilingual site

Go to solution Solved by Parker_SQSP,

Hi all.

I'm trying to add various languages to my site, I think I've followed the instructions and duplicated the various pages and hidden them in the non-linked bit. 

I've confused my immensely now and can't figure how to change the English menu titles in the header to correspond to the other languages.

Is there anyway to this without going down the coding route? 

Thank you! 

• Replies 6
  • Views 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Pet2 said:

Is there anyway to this without going down the coding route? 

No matter what you will have to use some amount of coding. A paid service, plug-in or extension will require some minimal amount of code installation.

In other words something has to be installed to do the translation.

Without the above then you are into more coding. There have been many threads in this forum on various techniques you can use, if you don't want to use a paid service, plug-in or extension.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 year later...
  • Solution

Hi @Pet2!

I'm Parker and I work on the Customer Operations team at Squarespace. I came across your question, and I wanted to let you know that we now offer an integration with Weglot. With Welgot, you can add a button to your site's header that will translate the content. 

Here's some more information about that: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205809778-Creating-a-multilingual-site-in-Squarespace