'Tracking Pixel' Alternatives / Similar Products

Hi everyone,

I'm running a small film / tv / nerdy blog with different contributors. I note that I'm not interested in monetisation (my site has no ads); I'm a student doing this as a passion project for free trying to inculcate a passion for the arts in my community and give new writers a platform to share their work.

I'd like to allow other similar websites to share / post our content on their respective websites, but if I did I would like to know how many views each of our articles gets on their website. Letting other sites post our content may also let our writers get paid too, which would be great!

I understand using a 'tracking pixel' is a great way to go about this. However, I don't want to use the Facebook tracking pixel due to ethical reasons but also, as of today, Facebook has banned news in Australia and so they're becoming increasingly unreliable and I don't want to implement something that will go bust later.

Are there any affordable alternatives I could use (again, I'm a poor student just getting by)? OR is there some sort of code I could inject to achieve the same thing? I'm a big believer in privacy and am not interested in any information beyond pageviews, so I could really use any advice / suggestions I could get.

I need something easy to implement and reliable. Please help me tech geniuses! Thank you in advance!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived