How have you incorporated gated content into your brand?

Late last year, Squarespace launched Member Areas, allowing you to add gated areas within your site. These Member Areas give you the opportunity to increase brand loyalty, get to know your customers, as well as create a new revenue stream. 

With virtually endless options on how to use it, how have you incorporated gated content and what kind of impact has it made on your brand/business?

Share in the comments below!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to do this right now so I can add courses into a member area but I am finding it quite hard to navigate! Any tips for doing this?  I've read all the Help pages around Member Areas but it seems very light/vague about how to actually create &  link content.  For example, I'm trying to find a way to set pages for a workshop inside a page for that class ...

I think it would be time for SquareSpace to incorporate some of the feedback they will have received since launching these member areas to a version 2.00 to bring them up to speed with some of the popular use cases and to keep the members areas portfolio within SquareSpace instead of letting third-parties provide that functionality.

We provide digital marketing services for businesses that need exposure/sales from search and social media networks. We also build incredibly fast and well optimised multi-language Square Space websites.
Digital Marketing | Marketing Digitale

Some of mine.

- Conditional email address acceptances (block gmail etc)

- An effective friend referral product that plugins in and syncs properly

- An effective way to serve gated content within a non member area, thus rendering the public end of website a more effective pre-sale mecchanism.

-  The ability to style as a page that gates member content.

- Ability to create a timed blog that will auto-publish according to a schedule set when creating this content, so that a member that joins the member area will have a blog type publish itself after X days, and then publish other items in the blog schedule according to the schedule you set. 

- Abilty to sell a blog collection via the shop, so that when purchased the blog appear in the member area for that person.

- Staggered learning paths with publish schedules that start when a guest signs up.

That should keep you busy.

We provide digital marketing services for businesses that need exposure/sales from search and social media networks. We also build incredibly fast and well optimised multi-language Square Space websites.
Digital Marketing | Marketing Digitale

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes! I have just built an incredibly custom members area for my course here: https://www.bloglifestylemastery.com/

I'm so pleased with how this came out. The members area itself has already received tonnes of positive feedback. Here's a quick glance 😎

Screenshot 2022-12-14 at 12.47.44.png

Sam Crawford | by Crawford.

Multi-award-winning Squarespace expert

💸 How I make $500k/year designing Squarespace websites: Watch the video
📱 Hire me to build your Squarespace website: calendly.com/bycrawford/call

Did my comment help? To help others benefit, leave a like and mark my answer as 'best'. This lets users scroll straight to the solution they need.
  • Jo_SQSP unpinned this topic