Refund please! No template option or actions available after purchasing a year plan

Site URL: https://circle-ocelot-tser.squarespace.com

I trialled SquareSpace a few months back and came back today to purchase the service. I have paid a year subscription and I have no option to load a template - there is no option under design - just an expired URL notice. No way of even starting to create my website.Effectively I have a redundant space I cannot use, and I need to buy another space to start a fresh. I have been charged for this and no one at Square Space is getting back to me. This is really frustrating as I was prompted to buy the service to continue, from the link on the old demo page.

Is it really this bad here? Any feedback welcome, as I can now imagine I won't even get my money back on this.

• Replies 7
  • Views 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trials last two weeks, if a trail is not  activated it it will expire, there is some grace time. If you have a design interface then you have a site started. Your site is marked private. If you need help and want someone to check it for you then go into setup to site settings, site availability, mark it for password, create one, and then post it here. This allows folks to see your site before it goes "live" it has nothing to do with your actual account. This is a common practice here to help folks design, troubleshoot, and provide custom code. 

FYI the expired url could be your custom domain if you had one. That can be checked as well. We are here to assist you. 

Hi Derrik - I am aware that trials expire. I expected, after paying to have access to everything that I did in the trial. I do not. And still do not. Your answer is not an answer because in order for me to use Square Space I now have to click on a new template and buy it. This means I will have paid twice. I would expect support to contact me about this after I raised a query? Please can you tell me how and who will help me with this? I have sent page shots to them as well. This is exceptionally poor when someone from support could simply log in to my account and fix it - or tell me in lamen terms what I need to do to be able to use this service. 

Thanks for the offer to assist me. Please can you assist me. it says this:

We couldn't find the page you were looking for. This is either because:

• There is an error in the URL entered into your web browser. Please check the URL and try again.
  • The page you are looking for has been moved or deleted.

You can return to our homepage by clicking here, or you can try searching for the content you are seeking by clicking here.

The fact of the matter is, I cannot change this, or reset it, load images or themes,  and have to buy a new subscription to start building a website. I know the page has expired. I know this - why on earth was I allowed to buy a subscription to something that is redundant?

Please advise. Its really difficult to believe that Square Space are allowing new customers to fall into this, and then not showing any interest or support to help them.

thanks.

I have finally had a reply. As I suspected there was nothing I, nor any amount of teching could do. I have to repay and start a new template. They have instructed me how to get a refund on the purchase I made. What they didn't say was 'this isn't good enough for new customers to experience and we'll look into preventing people unwittingly paying up for a years subscription for a redundant page they cannot use..

Thanks for your help Derrick.

Archived