Looking to change order of metadata on blog summary?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, derricksrandomviews said:

Yes by using the pull down menu choices with metadata primary and secondary settings when you edit the summary block. 

Hi Derrick, thanks for the response. I'm not sure what you are talking about. When I go to edit the summary block, I don't have an option for the location. I have the option to change the category to above the title, but I do not have the choice to move the excerpt there. Am I not seeing something?

Thank you!!

Just now, sendmaddie said:

Hi Derrick, thanks for the response. I'm not sure what you are talking about. When I go to edit the summary block, I don't have an option for the location. I have the option to change the category to above the title, but I do not have the choice to move the excerpt there. Am I not seeing something?

Thank you!!

I also don't have an option to edit the secondary settings... not sure why that is.

I think we are confusing terms here. My response is how to use summary blocks pulling content from a blog. I think your are talking about the blog listing page, the master blog page so to speak. That page does not have the same options of a summary block using the blog content. Here is what I suggest. Create a blank page in the unlinked section of your site, add a summary block, and choose blog as its content source, edit the summary setup, check out the options, take a look at what it does. I think you will find it very versitile. If you choose to use it swap it with the blog page, move the blog to the unlinked section and make the page with the summary block your blog page. I did that on my site. I choose not to display date or categories on the page, but it would be very easy to do so in the order I want.

Here is the help guide. 

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206543337-Summary-Blocks

Archived