Feedback appreciated on my photography website!

• Replies 3
  • Views 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the site design, though it seems to want to do different things. On one hand, it makes me think of a resume; on the other, photographs. That said, the photographs all seem to be directed at very distinct audiences, e.g., auto enthusiasts or people familiar with/interested in specific areas (for the travel albums). I can only speak for myself, but I think I would have an easier time navigating the site if you had a general gallery page of your favorites, then perhaps interested visitors could navigate to the more specialized albums while a more general public could still easily enjoy your work. 

Also, I had no idea what the "Features" page was about. I would not have clicked through on any of it if I weren't doing a sort of due diligence to give you feedback. Maybe change the page title or give some sort of explanatory blurb?

I do particularly like your Central Minnesota image of the mist-shrouded city across a bridge.

Putting my own photography website together via Squarespace, I was drawn to your post and request for comments on your site.

I like it - good use of images (though I did wonder a little about the image within an image that you used in the Features section - perhaps a bit gimmicky for my liking. As 'girldad' has commented above, I think you should change the 'Features' title - it doesn't really tell me what's in this section.

Nice Home page - helped by the full bleed image at the top which provides impact right from the start and you have a nice set of sections below, headlining your work. I presume that the block of 8 images at the bottom is your Instagram feed - you could just add a title stating this?

Given you've just recently started out on your photographic journey, you've done well and made a good start - keep it going!

I generally agree with the below. I think it is a great website but strongly focused on the automotive industry. Great photos! I'm a photographer as well so it was nice to browse your website to see what others in the sector are doing.

Best wishes,

On 2/15/2021 at 3:28 PM, girldad said:

I like the site design, though it seems to want to do different things. On one hand, it makes me think of a resume; on the other, photographs. That said, the photographs all seem to be directed at very distinct audiences, e.g., auto enthusiasts or people familiar with/interested in specific areas (for the travel albums). I can only speak for myself, but I think I would have an easier time navigating the site if you had a general gallery page of your favorites, then perhaps interested visitors could navigate to the more specialized albums while a more general public could still easily enjoy your work. 

Also, I had no idea what the "Features" page was about. I would not have clicked through on any of it if I weren't doing a sort of due diligence to give you feedback. Maybe change the page title or give some sort of explanatory blurb?

I do particularly like your Central Minnesota image of the mist-shrouded city across a bridge.

Archived