Add Standard URL Slug to Blog Pg2, etc

Site URL: https://www.thisisdanielle.net

Hi there,

I just did a small redesign on my website, and I wanted to have a link on the home page which will automatically take users to the second page on my blog in real time...meaning when I update the blog, it will always show what would be on page 2 of the blog.

For context, I wanted my blog page to have a featured section at the top. Since you can't do this on my template (or seemingly at all with Squarespace in general), I decided to make a summary page which contained a featured bar at the top and then the blog below via a summary block. I have 12 posts on each blog page so included 12 in the summary as well so that it will always align with the following pages and be a seamless transition. 

The problem is that the second page (and subsequent) pages of my blog are not simply blog/page2 like I am used to seeing. Instead, the second page of my blog is /blog?offset=1548819240055. The numbers are constantly changing and so this means that my link on the homepage will constantly need to be updated. This is something I would like to be automatic. (If you visit my site and click the link "Older" at the bottom, you will see it goes to a page but it is not the second page of my blog. It is missing posts. This was the second page of my blog the other day but it is no longer accurate since I have added content). 

Is there a way I can use CSS to format blog page slugs? Or is there a way to automatically link to the second page of my blog? I haven't seen any questions similar to this online so I am hoping someone can help! Thanks!

**UPDATE - I went into my blogs source code and copied the code for the "Older" link on the page, hoping this would fix the issue. While it formatted my link to look like it does on the actual blog, it still does not update in read time like it does on the blog itself. Would love to know where this code is and how to carry it over. 

• Replies 1
  • Views 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived