Setting up email only delivery for the digital products

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

9 hours ago, Rhonald said:

How do I prevent showing the digital files online and instead allow the digital files to be sent over emails only?

Can you explain why you want to do this?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I want to offer digital downloads. I have created the product as digital, uploaded the compressed files, custom forms workflow and checkout process.

Now when someone completes the workflow, it provides the link to download directly (and also email with the download link). Is there a way to disable showing the download link and retain the download link via email?

I understand your question, but I'm struggling to understand why you want to do this. 

When payment for a digital product is complete, the user can download it immediately using the onscreen link. This provides the best experience for the user if they want to access it now. If you remove this option, the user must open another app (or window) and potentially wait for the same link to be delivered by email.

Can you help me to understand?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I want to make sure the customers enter a valid email for downloading some of the free product. When I let them download the products (free products are in exchange for a review within 30 days) directly (without validating their email), I have no way of contacting them for the review. However, if I provide download option to the product using an email, I can make sure I got the right email to contact them after few days (plus few marketing emails around tips to use my product) to get a review.

let me know if this makes sense.

Thanks, that helps!

Whilst it isn't possible to remove the link, it should be possible to hide it from users.

If you run through the purchase process and provide us with a link to the order confirmation page, we should be able to provide you with the right CSS to do this.

• Solution

If you add the following LESS to Design > Custom CSS, it should have the effect that you want. Below is a screenshot of the confirmation page before and after the CSS is applied.

#confirmed-page {
  color: #2a2829;
  h1, p {
    color: #fff;
  }
  h3, a, div {
    display:none!important;
  }
}

akrogoniaios-order-confirmed.gif.4a824adc5973dadbff50079125660076.gif

Notes: This is specific to this site, due to the colors used. For other sites, the colors will need to be changed. 

If this helps you, please click "Like" below  ⬇️

• 2 years later...
On 2/13/2021 at 10:51 AM, paul2009 said:

If you add the following LESS to Design > Custom CSS, it should have the effect that you want. Below is a screenshot of the confirmation page before and after the CSS is applied.

#confirmed-page {
  color: #2a2829;
  h1, p {
    color: #fff;
  }
  h3, a, div {
    display:none!important;
  }
}

akrogoniaios-order-confirmed.gif.4a824adc5973dadbff50079125660076.gif

Notes: This is specific to this site, due to the colors used. For other sites, the colors will need to be changed. 

If this helps you, please click "Like" below  ⬇️

Hey Paul, will this work universally on any site? id like to make it specifically for the free products. but site wide is better than not.