Can code override the 30-items-limit for blog posts in the new Summary Block?

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, but you can chain summary blocks together on the same page and use category filters to put 30 in one block and  a different 30 in the next block and so on. That is how I have a summary block page with 80 items total so far. Give the first 30 the same cat like group 1 and the next 30 give all the same cat name like group 2. Whatever you wish. You can use code to hide the categories if you wish. 

<style>
  .view-item .meta {
    display: none;
}</style>

https://myrandomviews.com/storysummary

On 2/12/2021 at 12:24 AM, Theo4543 said:

Can code override the 30-items-limit for blog posts in the new Summary Block?

Yes.

There's an excellent paid plugin called Lazy Summaries that adds the necessary code and allows you to display unlimited items - as well as offering many more features to improve Summary Blocks, including:

• Specify the number of columns (instead of setting width of columns)
  • Specify a different number of columns for mobile devices
  • Use an alternative image on hover (Products)
  • Sort items
  • Cache items

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
updated URL

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

10 hours ago, derricksrandomviews said:

No, but you can chain summary blocks together on the same page and use category filters to put 30 in one block and  a different 30 in the next block and so on. That is how I have a summary block page with 80 items total so far. Give the first 30 the same cat like group 1 and the next 30 give all the same cat name like group 2. Whatever you wish. You can use code to hide the categories if you wish. 

<style>
  .view-item .meta {
    display: none;
}</style>

https://myrandomviews.com/storysummary

Thank you, and how to choose your items? 

• 2 years later...
6 hours ago, NicFrew said:

Hi

I would like to create a summary block but it seems you are restricted to pulling 30 products from my ecommerce store.  Is there a way to override the 30? Or is there a free extension I can add?

Thanks

Hi, the status of summary block is still the same as per the thread. You can use a paid plugin called Lazy Summaries Load mentioned by @Paul2009 above or manually chain summary blocks together mentioned by @derricksrandomviews above.

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 Can't figure something out and want to learn? 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace session 
👩‍💻 Need some customisation for a design? 💁‍♀️ Custom Code help
 Did I help? 💁‍♀️ I like coffee