Announcement Bar Timing: Always instead of once per day?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• Solution
1 hour ago, bluebrindlemarketing said:

My client is looking to have their COVID-19 announcement bar appear EVERY time a user visits the website, is there a way to enable this?

The announcement bar remains in place until a visitor manually removes it. Once closed it will not reappear for that visitor until you change the message text.

You can prevent visitors closing the announcement bar by hiding the 'X' (close) button. To do this, add the following to Design > Custom CSS:

.sqs-announcement-bar-close {
  display: none!important;
}

If this helps you, please click "Like" below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

It should work! Can you add the CSS to the site so that we can take a look?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 years later...
14 hours ago, YvonneKay said:

Is there a code you can send for them pop up more often when the exit?

I don't understand your question. Can you explain a little more? 

You’d like it to reappear every time a new page loads?

3 minutes ago, YvonneKay said:

Yes, but create more of a timer for it to reappear again.

I wouldn't recommend showing the pop-up more frequently than once a day as it will irritate users. If the information in the popup is important, you may want to consider adding a similar message to the announcement bar as this is less obtrusive and will allow users to view it in their own time, instead of being interrupted or disoriented during critical tasks.

But it doesn't pop up the next day as I said I tested it (why isn't it coming up again)? I would like better control of this because of having to pay extra for the service and since I know my audience and industry. I'm not wanting it to pop up every 5 seconds but at least one more time. I definitely sign up from pop ups when they come up again after researching the site more because they normally pop up again. 

Edited by YvonneKay
26 minutes ago, YvonneKay said:

But it doesn't pop up the next day as I said I tested it (why isn't it coming up again)?

How long is the next day? Are you waiting until 12:00:00 AM? Or are you waiting 24 hours? If I had to guess SS is using a simple 24 hour check. Also the page would need be reloaded after 24 h for the check to run again, most likely. In other words you can't just sit on a page for 24+ hours and have the thing pop.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Joe-NVA changed the title to Remove "x" on the announcement bar