Customization Level

Hi!

I'm about to work on my brad new website. None of the templates is exactly what I'm looking for. I'd love parts and pieces from several. Wondering how customizable they are, if I pick one?

For example, if I pick one of the blog templates, will I be able to add 3 sections to the top of the homepage, each leading to a separate category of my blog posts? Will I also be able to add e-commerce option to top navigation (small online store)?

Don't want to get tied with a specific template in case it'd be limited to only certain edit/customize options.

(very basic outline attached)

Thank you! 

ILLT.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Views 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Zuzia said:

None of the templates is exactly what I'm looking for. I'd love parts and pieces from several.

On Squarespace 7.1, there's just one template.

Pick a design that you like from the range of starting points that are available and, because there's only one template, all the designs can be achieved by simply making different style choices.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thank you! It's making me pick from a variety of templates though: Get started with any of our best-in-class website templates and customize it to fit your needs, whether it's contact forms or color palettes. Making a beautiful website has never been faster.

The word "template" is misleading. "Starting point" is a better description.

All the designs on the page I linked above are using the same template - Squarespace 7.1. They've just been styled differently to show you what is possible.

There are older templates on the Squarespace 7.0 platform that use different templates but each of these have different features. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived