Jump to content

Help with custom code for embed YouTube video!

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Recommended Posts

Site URL: https://nectarine-oboe-kme5.squarespace.com/trial-or-never

Hi there

Can anyone please help me with the integration of a Youtube video in Squarespace (autoplay and loop must work individually for each video). Our client is a photographer and she does NOT want that anyone can see that the video is embed from YouTube on her website. No headline, play button, sharing icon ecc..... 

It should look like in version 1 - but would be much easier if it works with YouTube.

https://nectarine-oboe-kme5.squarespace.com/trial-or-never

password: nowornever

Many thanks and kind regards

Sibylle 

Link to comment
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Solution
9 minutes ago, ornever said:

Can anyone please help me with the integration of a Youtube video in Squarespace (autoplay and loop must work individually for each video)?


You can do this with a Vimeo paid plan such as Vimeo Pro. However, you cannot do this with YouTube. As a free service, they want their branding to be visible. 

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/8/2021 at 9:23 AM, paul2009 said:


You can do this with a Vimeo paid plan such as Vimeo Pro. However, you cannot do this with YouTube. As a free service, they want their branding to be visible. 

Hi paul2009

I have now a Vimeo Chanel and was able to set up all the settings for autoplay and loop. But unfortunately it still does not work for some videos. Could you please help me again with this?

https://nectarine-oboe-kme5.squarespace.com/

NEW password: orneverornow

 

I am trying to autoplay all videos on the homepage linked to my Vimeo. The background video in the header works like a charm, but later the next videos have some issues. I adjusted the code, but i can't find why it is not autoplaying on the site.

1. code box

I embed a simple code box. There the autoplay works. But it is not fullscreen?! How can i fix the sizes, also in responsive??

Code:

<center>
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/330769192??autoplay=1&loop=1&autopause=0&background=1&color=ffffff&controls=2&portrait=0" width="900" height= "600"  frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen"allowfullscreen></iframe>
</center>

 

2. video box

Here I inserted a normal video box. 

Code:

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/330769192?autoplay=1&loop=1&color=EEEDEB&title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

 

 

I don't see the need of making a PRO account, but please let me know if that is the solution.

Many thanks!

Sibylle

Link to comment
  • 6 months later...
On 2/8/2021 at 9:14 PM, Sibylle_Zurich said:

Site URL: https://nectarine-oboe-kme5.squarespace.com/trial-or-never

Hi there

Can anyone please help me with the integration of a Youtube video in Squarespace (autoplay and loop must work individually for each video). Our client is a photographer and she does NOT want that anyone can see that the video is embed from YouTube on her website. No headline, play button, sharing icon ecc..... 

It should look like in version 1 - but would be much easier if it works with YouTube.

https://nectarine-oboe-kme5.squarespace.com/trial-or-never

password: nowornever

Many thanks and kind regards

Sibylle 

@Sibylle_Zurich You can do this with a Vimeo or a Youtube link.  But don't use a code block, use a Squarespace Video block.

Below you can see I have used the below code inside Squarespace's video block.  But instead of adding the link, you can click <>  and insert this code below but change out your video ID. 

This makes the videos autoplay and loop.  You can adjust the controls and sound (background), etc too. See below and screenshot attached for reference. 

For an example: I am using it on my SquareKicker website here:  https://squarekicker.com/features

Just swap out the Vimeo / YouTube ID number for yours. 

VIMEO
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/625215456?autoplay=1&loop=1&autopause=0&background=1&color=ffffff&controls=0&portrait=0" width="800" height= "500"  frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen"  allowfullscreen></iframe>

YOUTUBE
<iframe width="100% !important" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oyuCciYX2S4?playlist=oyuCciYX2S4&autoplay=1&mute=1&controls=0&loop=1" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; " allowfullscreen></iframe>

Note: Youtube needs a playlist to loop the video, just use the same video ID

1465171763_AutoplayVideoonSQSP.thumb.png.7862dd46de2130be5a6fb61be841d8b9.png

SquareKickerHi, I'm Nick, CEO & Co-Founder at squarekicker.com.  Take your Squarespace sites to the next level with SquareKicker's No-Code Design & Animation Extension. Break free from templates & complex code and start building unique websites that you are proud to show your clients without ever having to write a single line of code. 

Squarespace Extension  ●  Templates  ●  News  ●  Inspiration  ●  Tutorials  ●  Resources

 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.