Product Image Size Ratios.

Site URL: https://fergoconnor.com/shop

Hi guys!

I find adjusting images with Squarespace to be an absolute pain. If you could check out my shop page, most of the portrait/vertical images are fine, some are cropped a little. The horizontal/landscape pieces get cut to shreds though. I've been attempting to adjust images for each countless times, if I get the product thumbnail image right, it somehow affects the two standard product images (main one & frame mock up that one sees upon clicking into a particular piece)

So frustrating. I also have no real clue how to find out which template I'm using. 

Why on earth is their no general undo feature? I've started the shop page over from scratch a few times now. This time around, when I reset to default I'm happy with all images within the products, no cropping etc all behaving normally, the thumbnails of the landscape images were the only difficulty. But when I edit the thumbnail images, it seems to then affect the rest of a particular products images? 

I work as an illustrator and graphic designer and have not really had any issues like this when uploading to portfolios or other sites that required multiple images per product before. I just don't understand how Squarespace applies it's aspect ratios.

Are thumbnail image ratios linked to aspect ratio applied to rest of the product images? And cannot be changed independently? 

Lord oh lord xD

Any input is appreciated guys. Thanks!

- Fergal

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2
  • Views 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the same damn problem and I have spent HOURS on it and it seems there is no solution. Now switching to a new template that allows horizontal images on the shop page is a pain in the ass too because I loose all my work I have already put into my existing template (elephant-strawberry)

i am thinking to just quit squarspace altogether, i am still in free trial phase. I thought Squarespace is supposed to be user friendly and you dont need much background knowledge....arrrgh!!!!

Archived