Adding color overlay on GALLERY SLIDESHOW on Squarespace 7.1

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, egoutal said:

Hi, I have the same issue. I would like to add an overlay on a slideshow gallery. The same way it works with a full bleed image.

Can you share link to page where you use Slideshow and disable autoplay? We can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 4 weeks later...

If the color that you want as an overlay is the background color of that section, just change the opacity of the slideshow by posting the following into Custom CSS, and the background color will show through:

.gallery-fullscreen-slideshow-wrapper {opacity:0.6;}

Easily change the background color by choosing it in the Colors settings for that section. This is for a full-bleed slideshow only, but I assume that's what you're using if you want an overlay.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi @tuanphan @Inscape I am interested in using a moving background with a gradient. I found a nice color combo on Lottie, but every time I tried adding it to a page, it wasn't formatted correctly. I edited the size and played around with height and width but it didn't look good. 

I would like to add to the background of my contact page. I still want my contact form to have the same formatting per Squarespace site styles.

Here's the color combo and movement from Lottie for your reference https://app.lottiefiles.com/animation/27afcaf4-6505-4404-ad4e-7d1b86f2288e?panel=embed

Any recommendations would be helpful.

Many Thanks!

Tina

On 3/2/2024 at 5:01 AM, TinaCreates said:

Hi @tuanphan @Inscape I am interested in using a moving background with a gradient. I found a nice color combo on Lottie, but every time I tried adding it to a page, it wasn't formatted correctly. I edited the size and played around with height and width but it didn't look good. 

I would like to add to the background of my contact page. I still want my contact form to have the same formatting per Squarespace site styles.

Here's the color combo and movement from Lottie for your reference https://app.lottiefiles.com/animation/27afcaf4-6505-4404-ad4e-7d1b86f2288e?panel=embed

Any recommendations would be helpful.

Many Thanks!

Tina

If you share link to page, I can test code easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 weeks later...