Blog auto categories VS using summary blocks

Hello everyone! I hope this request for help is easy to understand, I feel there's a lot to try explain!

Long Version
I am building a Squarespace site with the main intention of running a Blog. My blog will have 6 categories.

I'm happy for the main Blog page to show all categories posts and act as the main place people can view all descending by most recent first . However, I would really like each category to have it's own 'page'. I want to create a custom header with text for each category,

I know Squarespace already allows visitors to see category posts grouped together, by clicking on the category name above each post, however this method keeps the visitor inside the Blog page, so the Blog header is still what's appearing above the category posts.

I thought the way around this would be to create a Blank Page for each category, and use a summary block. However I'm noticing there is a limit of posts a summary block will show (30).

The number of blog entries I upload to my site as I use it are bound to exceed 30. What is my way around this dilemma?

Short Version
How can I create a summary block with unlimited posts? If this is to be the best way to allow my categories to have their own lovely personal pages.

Thank-you in advance for any input or advice. Just before posting this I have found the "Lazy Summaries" plugin, but I'd like to still ask the community just in case there is a free solution 😚

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, you can't creat a summary block with unlimited posts, but you can chain blocks together on the same page and make it look like it is unlimited. I have seven blocks on one page, not all are at the 30 item limit but some are, and they are sorted by year. I also have two pages, one has seven blog posts (all photography lessons)  that are seperated from the ones on my main summary page.  With an archive block set to category, readers can jump to any category I use (and some posts have multiple cats). My actual blog page is in the unlinked section of my site, and I use the summary page as the blog page. 

Here is my site, and the story button takes you to my blog summary page. 

my random views

Archived