upload mp3, aiff and.wav

Only .mp3 and .m4a files are supported. For best performance across all browsers and devices, we recommend compressing your audio files using these specifications:

• Format: .mp3 or .m4a
  • Bit Depth: 16bit
  • Bitrate: 128 kbps max (96 kbps recommended for spoken word)
  • Channels: Mono or Stereo
  • File Size: An uploaded file must be 160 MB or smaller. To use a larger file, link to an external host.
  • You can convert aiff to mp3 here: https://cloudconvert.com/aiff-to-mp3
Edited by derricksrandomviews

Derrick, SquareSpace tells me they do not have the upload function in their Forms... Really unusual.... Seems so counter productive compared to other CMS platforms. Do you see it somewhere?

I need wav, mp3 and aiff. I get some 300 submissions of 20Mo or less audiofiles.

Edited by boris

Yes, but using the Code Injection means you have to subscribe to the better and more expensive plan of course! So it is not free. The only thing i found was a basic JotForm but then again, CANT integrate in in my website, opens another page....

This is not a problem with Worpress...

Edited by boris
8 minutes ago, boris said:

Yes, but using the Code Injection means you have to subscribe to the better and more expensive plan of course! So it is not free. The only thing i found was a basic JotForm but then again, CANT integrate in in my website, opens another page....

This is not a problem with Worpress...

There is another way but is not "elegant looking". It works using a Dropbox feature and it integrate directly on the form. Check this link: https://randomwhimsy.com/blog/using-squarespace-forms-with-dropbox-to-receive-uploaded-files

I hope this help

Edited by pedrinbeepwebs

Ah oui, useful but yes, not elegant and time consuming at my end with some 300 files... But i'll keep it in mind. So far, Jotform wins Square is far behind on this specific question. But really great to build a website although more expensive.

• 2 months later...
On 2/8/2021 at 11:39 PM, boris said:

Ah oui, useful but yes, not elegant and time consuming at my end with some 300 files... But i'll keep it in mind. So far, Jotform wins Square is far behind on this specific question. But really great to build a website although more expensive.

There is new service you can try to add the upload form into the form

https://transloadit.com/

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 9 months later...