Does anyone have tips for hosting a virtual summit on Squarespace?

I'm planning to host a virtual summit on Squarespace. I don't have a summit package; on the advice of someone who has self-hosted and done the package deal and prefers self-hosting, I'm planning to use YouTube for videos and make pages on my website for each day of the 3-day event. We will have 15-20 speakers. Has anyone had experience with this/have tips or advice for me?

• Replies 1
  • Views 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not tested this but in theory you could use a Members Area that guests need to sign up to - note that there would be one price point, so if you had more you would need multiple Members Areas. 

Then you could embed a YouTube live onto the page: 

• Switch the stream to unlisted or public.
  • Navigate to the “Watch page” and click share.
  • Then from the options click on Embed to get the embed HTML code and paste it on your website.
  • It’s important to note that you’ll need to have a verified account on YouTube in order to go live.

People would only be able to watch the speakers, there wouldn't be any way to interact with each other. As long as that isn't an issue then you would be grand 🙂

Hi 👋 I'm a Squarespace Expert Member, Circle Member & only Squarespace Authorised Trainer in Scotland. Check out my portfolio at Mary Philip.

Hit the little 👍 if I've helped.

Archived