Discount code generator

you can generate a discount code for just one customer by setting the limit total uses to 1 and customer limit to 1 also. you can give it a descriptive name like, 25% off - Customer Name. 

unfortunately, with Squarespace, you set discount codes one by one. the Discounts section/area could be better too, and it would be nice to be able to batch edit discounts.

Hi there, Carolyne!  Ward from MemberSpace here. 

You can 100% create a one-time coupon for your members using MemberSpace.  

Creating and using coupons is easy both for you and your members. We have a pretty intuitive section for it. When creating a coupon, you'll select if you'd like to apply this coupon either for a recurring or one-time payment plans, and select the # of redemptions assigned to each coupon, If you set the redemptions to 1, then the coupon can only be exchanged once per user.  You can either send this coupon by email to your customers or place the code wherever you want on your website. 
You can check some other of our features here, and you can test this or any other MemberSpace feature you'd like since we offer 14-day free trial periods, but we're happy to extend it if you need more time (you won't 🙂).  

Let me know if you have any questions 💪or you can also contact support at support@memberspace.com, we usually respond within an hour!
On 2/4/2021 at 11:26 AM, sruss76 said:

you can generate a discount code for just one customer by setting the limit total uses to 1 and customer limit to 1 also. you can give it a descriptive name like, 25% off - Customer Name. 

unfortunately, with Squarespace, you set discount codes one by one. the Discounts section/area could be better too, and it would be nice to be able to batch edit discounts.

Thanks! We're hoping for it to generate codes automatically so we don't have to manually enter hundreds of codes. That's a bummer it's not possible.

• 4 months later...

We're looking for this funcitonality as well. Browsing the API docs it doesn't look like it's something we can hook into. I'm hopeful someone can chime in with how I'm wrong haha. I was looking at the "Create an order" section on the API documentation and saw that there's a "discountLines" entry if you make an order through the API. Do you know if that has to be a preexisting discount code to be used for that? Because if not, I wonder if that would be a way to work around the limitation.