Review on a site with an irreverent, informal tone

• Susana_SQSP changed the title to Review on a site with an irreverent, informal tone
  • Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's too bright! Maybe it's just the fact that I'm still drinking my coffee this morning, but the very loud yellow is too much for me. It's attention-getting, yes; but then once I see it all I want to do is look way.

Sorry I can't be more positive, but I really can't focus on it to see anything beyond the loud. But then, for what it's worth, I strongly doubt that I'm at all representative of your target audience.

On 2/5/2021 at 12:12 PM, girldad said:

It's too bright! Maybe it's just the fact that I'm still drinking my coffee this morning, but the very loud yellow is too much for me. It's attention-getting, yes; but then once I see it all I want to do is look way.

Sorry I can't be more positive, but I really can't focus on it to see anything beyond the loud. But then, for what it's worth, I strongly doubt that I'm at all representative of your target audience.

Thanks @girldad, appreciate you taking the time to respond. To be honest, I'm still a little torn myself; some days even I think it's too bright, but other days I really like it. 

3 hours ago, CubeSquared said:

Thanks @joequint , appreciate you taking the time. I did deliberately limit the amount of text; still too much you think?

no offense but a little, yes. i'd love to see some images there... a nice job overall, to be sure.

3 hours ago, CubeSquared said:

Thanks @joequint , appreciate you taking the time. I did deliberately limit the amount of text; still too much you think?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2021 at 1:24 PM, pogiroheat said:

if anyone has some time and fancy reviewing a site for me, Id love to hear from you.

Hey Pogiroheat, thought I'd take a quick look and give you some feedback. Obviously it's fairly basic but a couple of things to note. The dates on the blogs conflict with the titles which looks a little jarring. For me, it's missing some context, maybe an About Us page would be good to explain what you do and what customers can achieve. I see there's a link for one in the footer but it doesn't link to anything. The wording also seems a little haphazard in terms of capitalisation. Much of it is capitalised for no reason which makes it harder to read. Hope that helps.

Archived