Photo gallery page, would appreciate feedback

Site URL: https://photographs.williambheller.com

Good morning all,

I just set up a website for photographs I've taken over the years and I would be grateful for feedback on viewability, organization, and leaving people curious enough about what I might add in future so that they check back from time to time. I am not a professional photographer and I have no plans to try to sell my pictures, but for reasons that I can't explain  even to myself (ego? A cry in the pandemic desert?) I want people to see and, hopefully, enjoy them.

The earliest images are from 2013. I will be adding more from intervening years as I go through old files and as I take new pictures, so one question is how to highlight new additions---as things stands now (and given how adding images to the Squarespace gallery page seems to work), new additions go at the bottom of the page, which means that return visitors might have to do a lot of scrolling to get past what they've already seen. Would it be a good idea to have a "new additions" page?

Thank you very much!

• Replies 4
  • Views 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your reasons for having a site a very much like mine. I think yours is well laid out, the galleries are doing the talking for you. Simple grid on a white background. Best way to view images, or thumbnails in my opinion.   A new additions is a good idea, if you plan to add many new images. I don't in my galleries, but I do add new stories so they go to the top of my story wall. I really do need to rotate some images in my galleries. I would rather rotate than increase the number to a lot, I also post pictures in my story "blog" lots of slide shows. 

my random views

Thank you. I've thought about rotating newly posted images to the top, but at the moment I have images posted chronologically (except for the "people" page, for which I decided for some reason to just post in order of appearance, as it were, with a couple of my favorite pictures leading the way). 

Nice pictures, by the way. I'd like to see more---maybe sorted into pages for ease of viewing?

On 2/5/2021 at 11:25 PM, derricksrandomviews said:

Your reasons for having a site a very much like mine. I think yours is well laid out, the galleries are doing the talking for you. Simple grid on a white background. Best way to view images, or thumbnails in my opinion.   A new additions is a good idea, if you plan to add many new images. I don't in my galleries, but I do add new stories so they go to the top of my story wall. I really do need to rotate some images in my galleries. I would rather rotate than increase the number to a lot, I also post pictures in my story "blog" lots of slide shows. 

check more

Thanks for sharing such amazing thing. I also face this problem. Good work!

Archived