Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Members Area - Member Email Address change

I was wondering if it is possible for a Member to change their email address, as I have had a few people signup using incorrectly spelled emails. Can they change it, or can it be changed on the admin side?

• Susana_SQSP changed the title to Members Area - Member Email Address change
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is a real shortcoming when it comes to the new membership option, as they would have to cancel their subscription then reapply and ask for a refund on their initial subscription?

based on the posts here in the forum about the Members Area, it looks like it wasn't thoroughly beta-tested before release. so many shortcomings and missing features.

The response answered the question, but is NOT a solution.  This needs to be available for our customers to change their email.  If they create a new account they lose all their previous order history

Memberships are linked to Customer Accounts. Squarespace's support article says:

"Customers needing to update their email address should create a new account. 

It isn’t possible to change a customer’s email address or password on their behalf."

Hope this helps!

Hi 👋 I'm a Squarespace Expert Member, Circle Member & only Squarespace Authorised Trainer in Scotland. 

Hit the little 👍 if I've helped. Need help? Get in touch.

On 2/7/2021 at 11:30 AM, Archipelago88 said:

That is a real shortcoming when it comes to the new membership option, as they would have to cancel their subscription then reapply and ask for a refund on their initial subscription?

Agreed. There are a lot of features missing in Members Area.

• 3 weeks later...

The response answered the question, but is NOT a solution.  This needs to be available for our customers to change their email.  If they create a new account they lose all their previous order history.

If they are not able to change their email and are forced to create a new account, can their previous orders be moved to their new account?

I'm sure this must be a loss of earnings for websites that have subscriptions (customers don't re-subscribe), I'm glad I don't.

Squarespace you need to resolve this now!

Does anyone know if Shopify has this issue?