• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Members Area - Member Email Address change

Go to solution Solved by MaryPhilip_,

• Susana_SQSP changed the title to Members Area - Member Email Address change
  • Solution

Memberships are linked to Customer Accounts. Squarespace's support article says:

"Customers needing to update their email address should create a new account. 

It isn’t possible to change a customer’s email address or password on their behalf."

Hope this helps!

Hi 👋 I'm a Squarespace Expert Member, Circle Member & only Squarespace Authorised Trainer in Scotland. 

Hit the little 👍 if I've helped. Need help? Get in touch.

On 2/7/2021 at 11:30 AM, Archipelago88 said:

That is a real shortcoming when it comes to the new membership option, as they would have to cancel their subscription then reapply and ask for a refund on their initial subscription?

Agreed. There are a lot of features missing in Members Area.

• 3 weeks later...

The response answered the question, but is NOT a solution.  This needs to be available for our customers to change their email.  If they create a new account they lose all their previous order history.

If they are not able to change their email and are forced to create a new account, can their previous orders be moved to their new account?

I'm sure this must be a loss of earnings for websites that have subscriptions (customers don't re-subscribe), I'm glad I don't.

Squarespace you need to resolve this now!

Does anyone know if Shopify has this issue?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

👋 Hi there, @jai.cheswick. Ward from MemberSpace here. 

We're a third-party tool that offers solutions for more complex membership sites. Is there anything we can help with? 

Your members can easily change their email using MemberSpace. We even offer Member Account FAQs, with answers to commonly asked questions your members will have about their account. 

Please visit our website if you'd like to check and compare some of the other important features we offer. 

Let us know if you have any questions! 

• 1 month later...

This is a terrible "solution".  Changing a customer's email address should be basic functionality that Squarespace provides, we shouldn't have to pay another $29/mo for a 3rd-party integration to be able to do this (esp. not when Squarespace is already more expensive than other similar platforms). 

My customers are on a subscription plan so they would need to cancel their subscription just to change their email address, and then there is the risk they won't bother resubscribing.