Flatiron gallery thumbnails

Hey, I've recently installed the Flatiron template and there is something I want to do on the main page but I cannot find any ways to do it. I want the gallery thumbnail photos on the home page to link to my other pages when you click on them without it going into the actual gallery. For example, the first gallery thumbnail will say blog and when you click on it it will take you to all of my blog posts instead of the gallery photos. I want to use the gallery thumbnails and not just photos because I like the way they look when you hover over them, the text and the black transparent background over the photo makes it look a lot more modern and professional than just a regular photo. Is there any code I can use to do that?

• Replies 1
  • Views 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tinaaaaaaa said:

Hey, I've recently installed the Flatiron template and there is something I want to do on the main page but I cannot find any ways to do it. I want the gallery thumbnail photos on the home page to link to my other pages when you click on them without it going into the actual gallery. For example, the first gallery thumbnail will say blog and when you click on it it will take you to all of my blog posts instead of the gallery photos. I want to use the gallery thumbnails and not just photos because I like the way they look when you hover over them, the text and the black transparent background over the photo makes it look a lot more modern and professional than just a regular photo. Is there any code I can use to do that?

I suggest you use gallery block instead with title and clickthrough url available, then use custom css to style the look of gallery item on hover

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Archived