Cut and paste html from excel no longer working

So i have seen several discussions on creating tables but none of the are really adressing my issue.

I have a list in an excel table that is constantly updated and needs to he shown in the same formating on the web.

I used to do this by saving the .xls as web page (.htm .html). I would then just open that in note pad and copy/paste into the code box on my site.

I can not figure out if the problem is after being forced into upgrading to office 365, or if squarespace has changed!

When i tried, i got a message that personal pages cant display Javascript, their support talked me into upgrading to buisness, so i did that, then it gives me a script not shown...

Needless to say what was a quick 2 minute cut and paste job is now a complete mystery to me.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Spence83 said:

So i have seen several discussions on creating tables but none of the are really adressing my issue.

I have a list in an excel table that is constantly updated and needs to he shown in the same formating on the web.

I used to do this by saving the .xls as web page (.htm .html). I would then just open that in note pad and copy/paste into the code box on my site.

I can not figure out if the problem is after being forced into upgrading to office 365, or if squarespace has changed!

When i tried, i got a message that personal pages cant display Javascript, their support talked me into upgrading to buisness, so i did that, then it gives me a script not shown...

Needless to say what was a quick 2 minute cut and paste job is now a complete mystery to me.

Any thoughts?

Could you show your site url as well as the output from excel file to check?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

The site is www.sb-geo.com

Right now there is a crappy table rinky dinked from an online generator on it as i deleted the old one and had to get something back on it temporarily. 

As for the files...i recall excel just making one .html document through the save as.

I just noticed the save as method is now creating an additional folder with a couple files (attached as the .zip)....if i try to rename it i get a warning message that the .html file may no longer function. Perhaps microsoft has messed with how it saves it????? At this point its out of my wheel house.

Thanks for looking at it!

It wont let me attach these files but ive linked to my drob box.

.zip additional files

.html saved from excel

.txt is code from the .html

.xls is the orig table i am trying to replicate and easily edit to update online

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5zx0nlit3j905c3/AAC0WwBOfAciur_wyCBzi1Yqa?dl=0

Appologies...the additional files being created are just a folder called spencer brown well list files.

As said, this used to be a very simple cut and paste solution to updating a table...i dont know why squarespace makes it so damn hard to create, format and update a table.

If there are better solutions id love to hear it.

28 minutes ago, Spence83 said:

Appologies...the additional files being created are just a folder called spencer brown well list files.

As said, this used to be a very simple cut and paste solution to updating a table...i dont know why squarespace makes it so damn hard to create, format and update a table.

If there are better solutions id love to hear it.

The script will be disabled on editor mode but will be working on the live site, anyway I think we still need to copy and paste the needed info only to prevent messed up with the current page

1. In /files folder, open the sheet name you need and the stylesheet.css as well

2. Copy the content of stylesheet.css and place it between <style><style> tag

3. Copy the content of 'table' tag in the sheet.html file only, in the sheet001.html, that the lines between line 47 and 925

<table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0...> to </table>

4. Place them together in the code block, I attached the complete file for your first sheet

/tmp/files - Temporary File Hosting

image.thumb.png.4bd63439e92d7f061dbe9cba9da098cd.png

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Heads up: the file will be deleted 2 hours from now, it's a temporary webserver, if you can not download it. mention me again to send it via your email

Archived