Can't get my newsletter DNS settings verified

Site URL: https://funtimeprogram.com

I am trying to setup my DNS records as described on the Update DNS Settings form for my newsletter, but it is still not authenticating the txt @ record even though it's been over a week. Squarespace is giving me the error "Please merge your SPF records" but they are already merged into one record as described on the Update DNS Settings page.

I put the following records into my domain DNS records at Google Domains:

CNAME squarespace._domainkey squarespace-domainkey.squarespace-mail.com
TXT @ v=spf1 include:squarespace-mail.com ~all
TXT _dmarc v=DMARC1; p=none

The first and third record are verifying but the second one is failing with the error "Please merge your SPF records."

I checked out the documentation for the error and it appears to only apply for multiple SPF records, but I only have one. Can anyone explain how I need to modify my records to get them to validate?

Thanks so much.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My advice would be to write to the registrar and ask them. It looks like you have two SPF records that you need to combine.  I can't show you mine exactly but I had three, maybe you can hack yours together based on this example:

"v=spf1 include:spf.xxxx.xxxxx.com include:_spf.xxxxxxx.com include:squarespace-mail.com -all"

I use this tool which works great, there is a 5 time usage limit per day (or 3) to test out email. There is also a similar service on MXtools.

https://www.mail-tester.com/

G

We provide digital marketing services for businesses that need exposure/sales from search and social media networks. We also build incredibly fast and well optimised multi-language Square Space websites.
Digital Marketing | Marketing Digitale

• 2 years later...

I've searched and still cannot find a solution to this issue for me. Most pressing is the fact that I purchased my domain and did EVERYTHING through the squarespace platform so I'm puzzled as to why I'm still have this issue in the first place. 

sqsphost.jpg