Collecting Form Data before Moving Customer to 3rd Party Site for ACH Transaction

We are a non-profit organization and as such, need to keep our transaction fees low.  We have two basic types of transactions - memberships and lessons (both have various options).  Currently, we provide all the information about the membership levels and lesson types on Squarespace.  When someone wants to sign up for a membership or lessons, they click a button which takes them to a 3rd party site, so that they can select their membership level or lesson option and provide payment via ACH transaction which costs only $0.25 each.  We collect information in the 3rd party website - name, address, etc.

I'd like to collect that information in squarespace and once the form is completed, take them to the 3rd party website to complete the transaction.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish that?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes.  We don't need any information from the 3rd party site.  All they require is the transaction type to determine the fee and the customers ACH information.

Ideally we collect everything in Squarespace, then we use the other service to collect the payment.

Now for the next critical bits of information.

If UniPay is not going to be essentially your store/shopping cart, etc. How is just the purchase amount going to be sent to them? Do they provide an API (application programming interface) for that? I tried to find some docs from them but didn't see anything.

Also when a purchase is made is the customer provided with documentation of the purchase and are you also notified of the purchase? Is it a detailed listing like any normal online shopping experience?

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

I am not aware of them providing an API, but can check.

We have less than a dozen transaction types.  If I can directly link to each type of transaction, I could collect their information in squarespace, then when they hit the submit and pay button, they are sent over to the Unipay site to the corresponding transaction type to make payment.

When the purchase is made, the customer and I are notified of the transaction.

I am not aware of them providing an API, but can check.

We have less than a dozen transaction types.  If I can directly link to each type of transaction

It doesn't have to be an API. If you can setup a dozen or so URLs on their site each for a specific transaction that could work as well. Really we just need to know what we have to work with before we can proceed.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

They have specific URLs for each type of transaction.

Looks like we can navigate them to the correct transaction type in SS, collect needed dats, and then direct link them to Unipay to make the financial transaction.

Is it possible to collect the navigation sequence that gets them to the correct transaction where I collect their information in a form?

There is a series of questions that need to be answered in order to get them to the correct form.  For example:

Membership options (answer questions to get to the correct form or perhaps a series of dropdown menus?)  Resident or Non-resident > New member or returning member > Family, Senior or Individual = specific form based on responses and link to corresponding transaction. 

Open to suggestions...as I have not done this before (as you can probably tell).

Make sense?

Thanks!

I'd be interested to see the URL endpoint for a single transaction. Let's say I pick Membership Non-Resident, Single. What is the URL for that transaction?

In general I was thinking the flow for the user would be pick a membership at the SS site, answer some questions, click a button and then get whisked off to the single transaction page at Unipay to make payment.

They don’t have the specific URL’s up and running yet, I need to have them created by Unipay, below is a link to the old style transaction for reference.  We may try and reduce the number of membership types / transactions to simplify things for the customers.  That way they can pick their option, fill in the form, then head over to unipay to complete the transaction. 

I’d like all membership data collected across the various forms to populate into a single table or Google sheet, that can be accessed remotely real time. Is that possible?

https://unipaygold.unibank.com/transactionInfo.aspx?CustomerID=1808&TransID=28294

15 hours ago, SYC said:

They don’t have the specific URL’s up and running yet, I need to have them created by Unipay

I suggest having one created for testing before going whole hog. We want to test that all these pieces can be connected before making folks do a lot of work.

15 hours ago, SYC said:

Google sheet, that can be accessed remotely real time. Is that possible?

That doesn't sound unreasonable. I just tested several SS pages with forms driving info into a single Google spreadsheet. The only issue is if you want all the info on one sheet then it would have to contain columns to cover all the fields from all different forms. Not an issue other than something to be aware of.

I think we are going to suck it up and pay stripe their 2.9% and handle the entire transaction on SS.  This will streamline our operations and provide more consistency for future board members charged with managing the club.

Going to create forms in SS.

Appreciate the help!

Archived