Using the 12-Column Grid on squarespace

Hi there,

I'm an Art director in a Digital agency in France.
And I need for my personal use, to do a website. I want to use Squarespace.
I'm trying to choose a template, but as a designer, I obviously made my own website design 😉
The thing is that, as usual, I used a 12 column grid to create my page.. (You will get an overview with the attached file.)

I've spent a lot of time reading a lot of articles on Squarespace but I don't really know what to think anymore!

- Is there a way to make my design below on squarespace? using a template and transforming it or starting from scratch?
- Is there a way to use these 12 columns grids to structure the site on Squarespace ?

- Also, is there a way to create a docked navigation ??

Thank you so much for your help !!
PS/I'm a dumb at coding...

Capture d’écran 2021-01-27 à 16.51.55.png

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Dodosix said:

Is there a way to use these 12 columns grids to structure the site on Squarespace ?

Squarespace is built on a 12-column grid with unlimited rows, so you should have no difficulties. If you create a blank page without using prebuilt layouts you should be able to create your layout by dragging items to fit. Spacer Blocks are your friend when you need whitespace. Here's a screencast of me moving blocks to build your design.

For more information, see Moving blocks to customize layouts.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi Paul,

And thank you so much for your return AND your screencast..  🙂
I understand how it works and it's sounds great!
I 'm gonna build my website from a blank page, it will be easier. I'm so stuck with the prebuilt layout!
- can you please provide me with the link to the "Create a site without using prebuilt layout" page?
I can't find it...

Also, would you happen to know if I can create a docked navigation ??

Thank you again 🙏 

On 1/27/2021 at 10:33 AM, Dodosix said:

Hi Paul,

And thank you so much for your return AND your screencast..  🙂
I understand how it works and it's sounds great!
I 'm gonna build my website from a blank page, it will be easier. I'm so stuck with the prebuilt layout!
- can you please provide me with the link to the "Create a site without using prebuilt layout" page?
I can't find it...

Also, would you happen to know if I can create a docked navigation ??

Thank you again 🙏 

Try this guide. https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205815378-Starting-over

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived