As a Freelance designer, how can I create Squarespace templates and sell them to my clients?

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

Hi,

I'm a freelance designer. Is it possible to create a Squarespace template store and sell them to clients?

How can the client see the template demo running for each template? Does it mean I have to purchase a business account to get the templates live? And how can I duplicate the templates and give the ownership to my clients?

• Solution

1. Is it possible to create a Squarespace template store and sell them to clients?

yes. Possible. Many designers do this.

2. How can the client see the template demo running for each template?

Create a trial site & setup template there. If you are a Circle Member, you have 6 month free trial

3. Does it mean I have to purchase a business account to get the templates live?

No need. But you should register Circle Problem, you will get 6 month free trial.

4. And how can I duplicate the templates and give the ownership to my clients?

Duplicate site: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039396131-Duplicating-a-site

Then add your client as an admin

Then transfer ownership to your client 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 6 months later...
On 1/31/2021 at 3:57 AM, tuanphan said:

Does it mean I have to purchase a business account to get the templates live?

No need. But you should register Circle Problem, you will get 6 month free trial.

Just to add- to join the Squarespace Circle you need to have 3 active Squarespace websites or be responsible for three active websites as editor.  

Q 1. After selling the template and/or transferring the ownership - shall the new administrator (owner) still keep the creator as editor in the settings?

Q 2. Is the created template disabled after this 6 month free trial (meaning the potential client cannot preview it anymore)?

On 8/12/2021 at 4:20 AM, Iza said:

Just to add- to join the Squarespace Circle you need to have 3 active Squarespace websites or be responsible for three active websites as editor.  

Q 1. After selling the template and/or transferring the ownership - shall the new administrator (owner) still keep the creator as editor in the settings?

Q 2. Is the created template disabled after this 6 month free trial (meaning the potential client cannot preview it anymore)?

Either one is fine. You just need to be a contributor on 3 sites. I'm not sure you'll need admin rights or lower. I have not tried this. You can contact SS Customer Care to ask.

Q1. Depend your client.

If they need your support in the future, they can downgrade your permission to the lowest level and upgrade it as needed.

Q2. No. You can extend it for free. I have several sites, extended it more than 4 times, completely free.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)