Redirect to another payment gateway website on click of checkout button

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://www.brookevulinovich.com/

Hi there,

I want to be able to add products to cart and then on click of the checkout button within the cart page (prior to proceeding to the checkout page), i want to be able to redirect to another website (SamCart payment gateway). Example of page I am referring to attached.

Can anyone please advise how i can target this button to redirect?

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 11.15.55 am.png

The redirection part is relatively easy. The hard part in my mind is just going to a link is not going to cut it.

Some form of information needs to be transmitted to the payment gateway. And if you want to keep track of orders in SS then turning the cart info into an actual order will need to be created. The SS Order API may be of help here.

Also upon redirect the cart will still be sitting there on the SS site. Ideally some kind of clean up will take place at some point.

There are some serious questions that need to be answered. How will you know an order is made? How will the customer be notified of their purchase? The API may handle part of that. I've not worked with the particular API.

Does SamCart have some kind of API?

I'm not saying that something couldn't be cooked up but it will take some serious coding.

Is there some reason SS payment processing options, aren't an option? With Stripe and PayPal as payment processors they have pretty good coverage. In other words many of your customer can pay with one or the other.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 year later...

HI Creedon, 

I am facing the same issue and have been thinking of redirecting to a payment page from Squarespace cart. I am not able to use Stipe and Paypal since both are not tailored for Indian customers and two major Indian payment methods (UPI and Internet banking) are absent.
The questions you have raised are my concerns too. I want to use Razorpay payment gateway for the checkout. Razorpay has an API, will that help in my case? 

4 hours ago, Akhil said:

I am facing the same issue and have been thinking of redirecting to a payment page from Squarespace cart.

Squarespace does not integrate with third party payment APIs.

This means that you will not be able to connect to an alternative payment gateway like Razorpay.

If you cannot use Stripe or PayPal, you will need to use an alternative commerce platform or compromise by using buy buttons, like those available from Shopify or Ecwid.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

1 hour ago, Akhil said:

Can I use a platform like Zapier to fix the issue?

No, you will not be able to use Squarespace Commerce with major Indian payment methods.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...
4 minutes ago, Matthieu8 said:

Is it still the case today that in Squarespace we cannot connect any third party payment solution (alternative to Stripe and PayPal)?

Yes. If you cannot use Stripe or PayPal, you will need to use an alternative commerce platform or compromise by using buy buttons, like those available from Shopify or Ecwid. Which payment method do you need support for?

I need to connect the payment integrator " Payrexx" who allows me to propose to my customers to get automatically by email a QR invoice that they can pay in the next 30 days. The payment of the invoice is finally done by bank transfert.

As the last website I'm creating is for B2B purpose, I need to generate automatic invoice to be send to companies instead of paying by Credit cards.

• Solution
1 hour ago, Matthieu8 said:

I need to connect the payment integrator " Payrexx"

You can add a link to their service so that customers can use their site to pay you directly, but you cannot integrate their tools with Squarespace Commerce features. If you want to offer this payment method and integrate it with a commerce solution, you'll need to use their plugin with a compatible platform like Shopify, Ecwid, WooCommerce, or similar.

• 2 months later...

Hi, 

I am from India and I would like to integrate RazorPay on my Squarespace Commerce website. Stripe is currently the only option I have to accept payments and that is limited to Visa and Mastercard only. 

Paypal is not an option for domestic transactions in India. Square is also restricted to the USA for now. 

The most common payment options like Google Pay and other UPI options are not available. 

Please confirm if there is a way I can integrate RazorPay on the platform. 

Best,

Shikha

1 minute ago, OshiByShikha said:

I would like to integrate RazorPay on my Squarespace Commerce website.

As explained above, it is not possible to do this. You cannot add alternative payment gateways to Squarespace. 

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️