Troubleshooting help needed: Squarespace says my site URLs are Google verified - Google Console says they are not

Site URL: https://robstrucking.net

Hello!

Google console indicates that my URLs robstrucking.net and robs-trucking.com are not verified - yet my hosting provider - Squarespace.com insists that they are. 

The current rankings for my URLs are very low, 5th page - which doesn't make much sense.  I've completed every support forum suggestion/documentation instruction I have found from both Squarespace and Google Console.  To be honest, Squarespace support hasn't been that helpful.  Clearly something isn't configured correctly.

I have experience building sites and with basic SEO.  Squarespace has told me to hire an expert, but before I do that, I'd really like Squarespace to make sure my URLs show as verified in the Google Console.

I'm also using a paid version of SiteChecker Pro. Using the site ranking tool, and SiteChecker isn't finding the index page.

Any ideas on how to confirm without a doubt that my site is verified with Google?

Thanks in Advance!
1275220047_ScreenShot2021-01-24at3_31_18PM.thumb.png.75d5a31499db7f17d0e99dd573a763bc.png1009150607_ScreenShot2021-01-24at3_30_13PM.thumb.png.978a8b29f3b73b86eb3bc8f4e4516058.png
  • Replies 5
  • Views 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking in the sidebar of that graphic you have NOT VERIFIED for two of your listings, and I can also see that you have it further up on yoru menu both www and https://

I would add, https://robstrucking.net,  and go through the verification process. If you have the same email for both Search Console and the attached Google Analytics account in the page then you can approve with that.

G.

We provide digital marketing services for businesses that need exposure/sales from search and social media networks. We also build incredibly fast and well optimised multi-language Square Space websites.
Digital Marketing | Marketing Digitale

Thanks so much, G - really appreciate your help!

I straightened out the verification by removing the two URLs that were showing not verified and resubmitting https://robstrucking.net for verification.  Success!  I have now connected the Rob's Trucking analytics account to the google console.  Then I manually requested reindexing of each URL in the site (only about 10).    I do notice that the Rob's Trucking contact page now is on page three of the google search.  The home page has dropped off results entirely.

Perhaps changes I made to page titles are at the core of the search visibility issues?  I took the Squarespace demo site, changed page names, updated URL suffixes.  The home page was originally titled '/work', I changed this to /home.    Could this be the issue?

I'm very disappointed with SquareSpace support - no actionable advice has been given related to my request to confirm the accuracy of the xml sitemap, if the sites were verified properly, or if the URL structure was causing any trouble.  I was advised to hire an SEO expert 😐 - whom I could pay to ask Squarespace the same questions before they could move on with real SEO.

Anyone else having similar issues

Thanks,
Kelly

You will see a website drop down lots of rankings when changes a <title> on a page to something different. Google et al will analyze the page and take time to reconsider that the page is still relevant for the search query. This can be anywhere between 1-3 months.

If you find weird pages appearing in place of pages on your website that you would expect to appear. You would first look at on-page content of the two pages, then go out from there based on further analysis. 

More than that and it starts to get pretty technical.

We provide digital marketing services for businesses that need exposure/sales from search and social media networks. We also build incredibly fast and well optimised multi-language Square Space websites.
Digital Marketing | Marketing Digitale

Archived