Product Variant Help

Site URL: https://www.forest-flowers.com/orderflowers/bud-vases

Hello, I'm looking to add multiple variants on the products that I sell on my site. But it doesn't seem possible to do it where it will also affect the total cost. For example, on this page: https://www.forest-flowers.com/orderflowers/bud-vases

I'd like the variants to be:

Color (with three color options listed in the dropdown)

Flowers/No Flowers (with one option being Flowers, the other No Flowers)

Delivery/Pick-Up (with multiple options for Delivery with varying fees, the other Pick-up)

The "Flowers/No Flower" dropdown will affect the total price as well as the "Delivery/Pick up" option they choose

Is this possible? 

I hope the way I'm describing it makes sense! I appreciate any help!

Thank you,

Marisa

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Marisa

I see that you’ve added one variant option (or column) to the product that you linked. You can add multiple variant options. Squarespace calls these Complex Variants and they have a guide that explains how to configure them. You can have up to 100 variant rows. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

No problem. Let me know if you experience any difficulties.

One quick thing to make you aware of. When you add a number of variant options to a product, the customer will see multiple dropdowns on the product detail page. If any of these options have different price points, the price will show as "FROM $28" (or whatever the base price is) until the customer has a value in every dropdown.

We sell a variant pricing extension that changes this behaviour so that the price is updated whenever any of the dropdowns are changed by the customer. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived