Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Invoicing EU countries post Brexit

JBC

Is there a way to set squarespace to remove UK VAT for EU countries at checkout. I want prices to be shown on the site as inclusive of tax as my main customer base is the UK, but then takeoff VAT for EU buyers so they can then pay local Vat and duties directly.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure but I have an issue with VAT as well that's quite similar - I want to set VAT rules for one product (20%) but not another (0% - VAT exempt). It seems Squarespace are useless at letting pe

Is there a way to set squarespace to remove UK VAT for EU countries at checkout. I want prices to be shown on the site as inclusive of tax as my main customer base is the UK, but then takeoff VAT for

Hi Paul - They want to show £120, as UK retailers are obliged to show full price including tax. Thanks for any advice...

I'm not sure but I have an issue with VAT as well that's quite similar - I want to set VAT rules for one product (20%) but not another (0% - VAT exempt). It seems Squarespace are useless at letting people do their own VAT. I'm going to have to move platforms as am now selling products with the wrong VAT amounts, thanks to Squarespace's inefficiency.

• 1 month later...

I also have this issue — client's main business is in UK, and now needs to show full price on website, but remove the included tax for sales in EU. Just adding to this post in case someone finds an answer...

3 hours ago, Gilbert said:

client's main business is in UK, and now needs to show full price on website, but remove the included tax for sales in EU.

It is possible to charge VAT to UK customers and not charge VAT to European customers, but it depends on which price your client wants to appear beside the products.

For example, if a product is £100 plus VAT, do they want to display "£100 + VAT" or "£120"?

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi, I'm Paul, founder of SF Digitalbuilding the features that Squarespace didn't include. Pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect. Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.  Squarespace. I've been a loyal supporter of the platform since 2007. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. 

I need some help with a similar issue.

I sell mainly books (zero-rated in the UK). VAT for books in the EU is generally at special rates.

So after July I will need to be able to charge different VAT rates for different items to the same country (eg: in France a T-shirt is 20%, but a book is 5.5%). 

As above, I'm happy showing total price (inc. VAT). 

I will also need to be able to download and print a packing slip showing the VAT rates for each item. 

Are these things going to be possible / can you please explain how?

With thanks

Max

(IsolaPress.com)

2 hours ago, IsolaPress said:

I will need to be able to charge different VAT rates for different items to the same country (eg: in France a T-shirt is 20%, but a book is 5.5%).

This is a slightly different issue.

Squarespace can’t do this yet, because it does not support different VAT rates for different products, even within the same country. It’s one of the limitations I posted here in 2018 (the list is kept up-to-date).

Edited by paul2009
Link updated

Hi, I'm Paul, founder of SF Digitalbuilding the features that Squarespace didn't include. Pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect. Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.  Squarespace. I've been a loyal supporter of the platform since 2007. 

2 hours ago, paul2009 said:

This is a slightly different issue.

Squarespace can’t do this yet, because it does not support different VAT rates for different products, even within the same country. It’s one of the limitations I posted here in 2018 (the list is kept up-to-date).

Thanks for the reply Paul. 

There was no link to the list? I'd definitely like to see it if possible.

Does anyone know if this is likely to change / if it's something they are looking at? I will have to consider moving platform if not…

1 hour ago, IsolaPress said:

There was no link to the list? I'd definitely like to see it if possible. Does anyone know if this is likely to change / if it's something they are looking at?

I've updated the post.

Squarespace does not recognise product categories that have special tax rates but Squarespace said recently they “plan to support these features in the near future”.

Edited by paul2009