Can you show multiple variants on a Store page?

Site URL: http://www.tojldn.co.uk

Hi,

I make quite a few products that are identical but available in different colour/pattern options. At the moment I have these all set up as separate products because I want to display them all on the Store page, however this is not good for my SEO so I would like to just have one product with all the variants. However, can I then show all the different variants on my Store page while linking to the same product?

For example, I have three different face masks, and I want people to see them all when looking at my store page, but when they click on either one of them it takes them to the single product page where they then select which one they want. 

Any advise is appreciated!

Thanks,

Emilie

• Replies 1
  • Views 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, EmilieJohansen said:

I have three different face masks, and I want people to see them all when looking at my store page, but when they click on either one of them it takes them to the single product page where they then select which one they want.

Hi Emilie

I think you're displaying the face masks in the best way already.

Separate products make the most sense from a User Experience point of view because the user's journey is clear. They click the "pink gingham" product in the product list and are taken straight to the detail page where they can purchase the "pink gingham" product or view more details about it.

The products could be displayed using a gallery section, with images that link back to a single product with variants using clickthrough URLs. The problem with this approach is that a user may click on the "pink gingham" image but when they reach the product detail page, they may see the "blue check" variant of the product first. This can confuse some users who do not realise it is the same product, resulting in an abandoned purchase.

I hope this helps.

-Paul

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived