Transferring from GoDaddy to Squarespace

Site URL: http://www.intuitive-awakenings.com

Hi! I need help, I'm just not good with technical things anymore! 

So, I have a website through GoDaddy (did the whole bundle deal - Microsoft email, phone, etc...) -- Basically, I want to transfer my content (my site, my domain, everything) to Squarespace. My subscription with them ends in a week, and I would like to get all my stuff going on Squarespace before it ends on GoDaddy so I don't have to renew anything with them (I don't care if there's a "down" period in my website, that's fine). 

How do I transfer everything? Is there a simple way of doing it? How do I transfer my domain to keep my same website address, everything? And once it's transferred to Squarespace, I have a really stupid question (I don't understand how all this works, I have minimal knowledge, so please bear with me) - I have an email address I set up through GoDaddy (through a Microsoft subscription they signed me up for in signing up for them), and I want to continue to have that same email address.... Do I still have that email if I get a different Microsoft 365 account? I'm confused as to how that works. 

Any and all help appreciated GREATLY! I just wanna get rid of GoDaddy and start revamping my site with Squarespace. Thank you all SO much.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First start a trial, and build your site. Put up a page like new site coming soon, if you need to. You have two choices with go daddy, one is to repoint the domain, if you can keep it without keeping the site, the other is to unlock it and then use the Squarespace domain config to transfer it to them, but that can take awhile. Domains purchased or transferred to them, do not have custom .com emails. That service is optional using Google workspace. My advice is to check into repointing your domain, which is not the same thing as forwarding, some get that confused. This should help you:

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206541747-Connecting-a-GoDaddy-domain-to-your-Squarespace-site

Archived