How to Add External URL Button to Product Page/Product Description for Affiliate Blog?

Hi fam! I'm creating an affiliate blog/store. I won't be fulfilling any products of my own. I'd like to use the standard shop setup, but all products will link out to external e-commerce sites and Amazon affiliate product pages/links. 

I want to show the products on my site as a typical store. However, I don't want a cart feature. I've hidden ALL sizing, variant, etc. information so that just the price and description show. (See image attached.)

Now, I'd like to show a button in the description that says BUY, with a link to the external URL. How can I do this? I'm unable to add any blocks. I can add a button under the "Additional Info" tab when I try to edit the product. But this button shows up under the image and looks weird.

How do I do this? Please see image. Thank you all!

buybutton.png

On 1/25/2021 at 6:43 AM, homarlin said:

Hi @tuanphan, thanks!

I added the text "Buy" then hyperlinked it. Yes, would appreciate the code and instructions for where to insert it. Thank you!

Can you share link to product where you added Buy? We can check code easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 6 months later...
19 hours ago, TalkToThePlants said:

Hi! I'm doing this at this moment and also looking for how to add referral products as a product 🙂
What's the code?

Please share link to product. We can't give the code without seeing the text link

Or send to forum message

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I'm trying to do this as well as I sell several artworks that are only available to buy at galleries and shops. I have created a simple product page for a t-shirt and added the text link as you advised here:
https://www.survivaltechniques.co.uk/shop-all/p/look-with-love-t-shirt2021

However I'd need to be able to implement this kind of link to an external shop on several products that I haven't added yet, and also as I create more artworks with external vendors in the future. 

On 10/15/2021 at 6:48 PM, SurvivalTechniqiues said:

Hi there,

I'm trying to do this as well as I sell several artworks that are only available to buy at galleries and shops. I have created a simple product page for a t-shirt and added the text link as you advised here:
https://www.survivaltechniques.co.uk/shop-all/p/look-with-love-t-shirt2021

However I'd need to be able to implement this kind of link to an external shop on several products that I haven't added yet, and also as I create more artworks with external vendors in the future. 

Add to Design > Custom CSS

.ProductItem-details-excerpt a[href*="printsocial.com"] {
    border: 2px solid black;
    padding: 1.2em 2.5em;
    text-decoration: none;
    color: black;
    font-weight: 500;
}

image.thumb.png.8569bfb6168ad659ab9b2e36bd4be573.png

Or send to forum message

On 10/21/2021 at 4:28 PM, TalkToThePlants said:

It's a bunch of products going to external urls.

I don't have urls for you right now because I can't add extern urls when a create a product in Squarespace. Can you assist?

Use this code

.ProductItem-details-excerpt a[href*="printsocial.com"] {
    border: 2px solid black;
    padding: 1.2em 2.5em;
    text-decoration: none;
    color: black;
    font-weight: 500;
}

Explain

• The code will change all links whose url contains word "printsocial.com" to button.

Or send to forum message

• 1 month later...