Looking for a customizable job board plug in with filter

Hi guys,

I need to build a job board on my squarespace site which advertises jobs from external sites. It's basically a list of links which should be filterable by pre-defined tags and categories. I would like to display it in a similar style like the blog post summaries. 

Main requirements: 
- Option to add individual categories and tags 
- Redirect to an external page link when people click on the ad
- Option to filter the job ads 
- No item limit

-> I tried using the squarespace blog and the universal filter to build a workaround but it has a 30 items limit and it's also a lot of effort to administrate. I've also checked out the job board plug in by elfsight but unfortunately it doesn't have a filter option and does not allow me to change the button text or category names. 

Do you have a suggestion for a good plug in that I could use? 
1 hour ago, JanaK said:

Hi guys,

I need to build a job board on my squarespace site which advertises jobs from external sites. It's basically a list of links which should be filterable by pre-defined tags and categories. I would like to display it in a similar style like the blog post summaries. 

Main requirements: 
- Option to add individual categories and tags 
- Redirect to an external page link when people click on the ad
- Option to filter the job ads 
- No item limit

-> I tried using the squarespace blog and the universal filter to build a workaround but it has a 30 items limit and it's also a lot of effort to administrate. I've also checked out the job board plug in by elfsight but unfortunately it doesn't have a filter option and does not allow me to change the button text or category names. 

Do you have a suggestion for a good plug in that I could use? 

There is plugin named lazy summaries that can override the 30 items limit as well, provided by the same author

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Hi, I've already taken a look at the Elfsight job board plug in and messaged you but haven't received a reply so far. I was wondering if there is an option to change the titles to categories and also the text of the buttons displayed on the elfsight job board plugin. Also, I could not find an option to let people filter the results. 

On 1/22/2021 at 12:39 PM, JanaK said:

Hi, I've already taken a look at the Elfsight job board plug in and messaged you but haven't received a reply so far. I was wondering if there is an option to change the titles to categories and also the text of the buttons displayed on the elfsight job board plugin. Also, I could not find an option to let people filter the results. 

Hi @JanaK
Thank you for contacting us! Unfortunately, due to the local holidays, we have been experiencing an unusually high number of requests and the response time might temporarily be increased. However, our team is currently working on your request. We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks for your patience and sticking with us!

Regrards, 
Elfsight Team

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2021 at 9:36 AM, Elfsight said:

Hi @JanaK

You can also try to use our Job Board plugin. We offer a free Lite plan, which you can use without any limitations of time or features.  Don't hesitate to ask any questions, we'll be happy to help!

Best regards, 
Elfsight Team

Hi @Elfsight

I really like the Elfsight Job Board except for one thing...  I can't work out how to add bullet points and separate paragraphs.  This image is from a screenshot from your website, so it looks like it might be possible?  Can you confirm please? Thank you!

Elfsight.png

Hi @Ruffles

Our apologies for the late reply!

Job Board is our new app, so we're still working on implementing some things, unfortunately, including the paragraph option. 

Also, we have this feature request in our wish-list tool - https://wishlist.elfsight.com/ideas/JB-I-2 The most wanted features will get implemented first, so you're very welcome to vote for this one and any other feature you like.

We really appreciate your taking the time to help us grow our app!

Best regards, 
Elfsight Team

• 6 months later...

Hi @JessM1

Thanks for your question!

Unfortunately, we don't support filtration at the moment, we're very sorry for the inconveience!

But if you have a moment to submit this idea request in our wishlist, we'll be very happy to consider this option for our future updates - https://wishlist.elfsight.com/?project=JB.

And if any assistance needed, feel welcome to contact us 🙂

Regards,
Elfsight Team

Explore all Elfsight widgets - Widget Catalog
Follow us - Facebook | Instagram

On 9/16/2021 at 9:07 PM, JessM1 said:

Hey @Elfsight - does your jobs board widget allow the user to filter the jobs based on e.g. position title and location? 

Thanks!

Hey. You can use Filter Plugin + Blog Page + Summary Block to achieve this.

I used to help some members to build similar case.

Let me know if you need any help.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 9/23/2021 at 12:29 AM, JessM1 said:

Hey @tuanphan - this looks like it could work! Another Q - we need a full jobs board page, but would also like to display a smaller version of the jobs board on the homepage. Do you think this would be possible with this solution? 

You can add Filter feature on Blog Page.

With Homepage, add a Summary Block (pull data from Blog Page), then add Filter feature for Summary

Filter Plugin supports both Blog Page & Summary.

Or send to forum message

• 2 months later...

Any thoughts on using the events block for job postings? I’ve only used it previously for basic event listings, but it seems like it has several presentation options that might make it a better candidate to the blog block. Interested in opinions. I’ve used elfsite widgets for other features in the past and they’re quite good, but I’d like to stay native as much as possible with the project I’m currently working on. 

1 hour ago, PerrySheppard said:

Any thoughts on using the events block for job postings?

It’s a great option for job postings. See 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 5 months later...
12 hours ago, Kalie said:

Hey @tuanphan! We're using the Filter Plugin + Blog Page + Summary Block that you mentioned to build a similar feature. Is there a way to format the fields side-by-side horizontally, so they show above the entries? If not, how would we increase the padding between the filter section and entries?

In Filter Plugin Code, find these lines

window.customFilterSettings = {
    'targets': [{
        container: '#block-ff421400f23cbd724ce4',// css selector for filter container
        items: '.summary-item',// css selector for items to filter
        settings: {
            position: 'left',//set the position for filter to appear. May be: top, left, right

change left to top

window.customFilterSettings = {
    'targets': [{
        container: '#block-ff421400f23cbd724ce4',// css selector for filter container
        items: '.summary-item',// css selector for items to filter
        settings: {
            position: 'top',//set the position for filter to appear. May be: top, left, right

Or send to forum message