How often does SquareSpace usually get updated?

Site URL: https://horse-onion-layz.squarespace.com/about

Started building my site on SS and I have to say I feel a bit disappointed as I heard so much about it that I expected more. There are too many things to list but one issue I personally have is the inability to have more control around the area of spacing without resorting to code. I previously used Divi on Wordpress and that was a whole other league in terms of control over every single element.

So I'm simply wondering if anyone knows, when does SquareSpace update on average and when they update, will it likely be 7.2 and mean that I will need to rebuild my site again as I did with 7.0-7.1. I don't fully understand how the updates work I guess. I am hoping they they will continue to build on 7.1 and add more features?

Sorry, for my rambling. I'm sure I could of written the above alot clearer! lol

• Replies 1
  • Views 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7.1 is not an update, not really, its a different platform altogether and most important, it is only one template, with 28 starting designs. It is very mobile driven and  I think the way it  is designed is very good for first time users. Any 7.1 starting point  can be made to look like another using design settings.

7.0 is many template families some very different from each other, (Avenue is not at all like Pacific for example) and  the 7.0 Brine template family, which inspired the look of 7.1, has over 40 starting points. 7.0 also has  landing/cover pages which can be used as a single page site. 

More Common Features, member spaces for example, changes to the config, like the blue and white  + insert point,  as opposed to the tear drop,  might be added to both platforms but I do not see a "7.2" in the works. I don't see a need for it at this point in time. 

Archived